• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Three way deal
  • To:All
  • 12/2/12
  • metsfan541

How about Dickey/Duda To Royals for Wil Myers and then trade him to Florida with Familia/Mejia for Stanton? Feel free to tweak it a little but it might be a good deal for everybody.

Edited 12/2/12   by  metsfan541
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545794.2 through 545794.4 were deleted
  • 12/2/12
  • Matt H
If we got Myers and was able to trade him for Stanton, how would you not take Stanton who is a proven beast. I want Myers, but Stanton is unbelievable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metsfan541
Why would the Marlins trade Mike Piazza? Why would the Marlins trade Josh Johnson? Why would the Marlins trade Jose Reyes? It's all about money. Florida cares about money and if they can get one of the best power hitting prospects in baseball along with two other young pitchers, then mayb ethey pull the trigger. Stanton is going to begin making some real money very soon. I am not saying the Marlins would make this trade, I am just saying GMs propose trades all the time, why not this one?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
I can see Stanton making 13M+ in arbitration after next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
question...why are you trolling here?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metsfan541
So can I and that is why I think Florida would move him if they got back a stud prospect like Myers and a few other players. He is from the local area so when he hits free agency in several years, he might consider signing here anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • PrayedforBay

"Why would the Marlins do this?"

Perhaps because.... they are the Marlins? But yes the idea is ridiculous.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • wrghtknght

So, let me get this straight....just trying to follow your train of thought here....the Royals get Dickey and Duda for Myers, who the Mets then flip to the Marlin along with Familia and Mejia for Stanton.....

Ok...the Mets give up FIVE players for Stanton, including the CURRENT NL CY YOUNG WINNER and one of the top prospects in the Royals' farm system as well as two of our own mid-level prospects....AND ALL WE GET BACK IS STANTON?????

Yeah, you deserve to be mocked for this one. This is the type of thing even Omar Minaya wouldn't do.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
If you haven't noticed Stanton is pretty damm good. Dickey Duda Mejia and Familia for Stanton, isn't terrible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • gomets66
i wouldnt mock it. it would take a substantial offer to get stanton. figure wheeler, flores and nimmo + might get the marlins interested in talking.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • wrghtknght
I <damn well would mock it, as 4545 missed that once the Mets got Myers, he'd be moved WITH Mejia and Familia, as per the original post. And I thought the Mets were trying to do a mix of actually trying to field a competitive team and restocking their farm system. Giving up five players in any combination at this point isn't going to help the Mets. Stanton may be good, but he isn't worth that much. And why the <HELL would we trade Wheeler now? Isn't he part of the "future"?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd
I didn't miss anything, and Mejia Familia and Meyers for Stanton I would do in a second.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • edmet
not bad but i might keep myers. i think kc will hold out for niese. dickey and thole for arenciba and rajai davis might work. better yet, gee and some secondary prospects for arenciba and davis/wheeler is eventually taking someones spot in rotation. 2014{harvey-wheeler-niese with gee or dickey, santana likely gone. if we still have mejjia he can slot in at 5]. i rather trade gee or mejjia with secondary prospects like gorski for arenciba-davis. flores projects as a nice trade chip too. then if we dont get myers trade for choo (flores package) sign a decent FA reliever and we look good. myers arenciba rajai davis would be a real coup for alderson if he keeps harvey niese wheeler intact. choo arenciba davis a coup if he keeps dickey harvey niese wheeler intact.
  • Reply to this Message