• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• David Price
  • To:All
  • 12/2/12
  • snaps6
what would it take to get him here...espn says rays will trade him, i think mets have pieces only question of course would be would they have money to sign him long term. maybe im way off but dickey niese and decent prospect should be plenty, maybe too much, but id do it to get price here.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • bucknerismyhero
The Mets organizational philosophy in recent years seems to indicate that this is the type of deal we shouldn't be expecting. The Mets are trying to stockpile young starting pitchers in the minor leagues so that they will not have to overextend by paying top dollar for pitchers, due to their inherently higher risk than position players (see Johan Santana, Matt Harvey, Zach Wheeler trade). Price will probably go to a team like the Cardinals, who mostly saved all the money they didn't give to Pujols and are a team who historically values pitching over hitting.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 86kid

>>>"what would it take to get him here...espn says rays will trade him, i think mets have pieces only question of course would be would they have money to sign him long term. maybe im way off but dickey niese and decent prospect should be plenty, maybe too much, but id do it to get price here."<<<

But you don't trade away half of a very good pitching staff + a prospect, to get one pitcher, when you have a ton of holes on the rest of your team.

If we trade Dickey, then it is high unlikely we'd also trade Neise. And if we trade either on of them, it will be for position players, not another pitcher - especially one who is soon to be very expense.

Edited 12/2/12   by  86kid
Edited 12/2/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • snaps6
its nothing i expect to happen, but i hate hearing about trading these two pitchers at least if i got price in return id take it....to be honest i love the staff we have now, just dont wanna trade niese unless someone like price comes back. we have no offense we do need it but im not sure anything available right now id trade for...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545782.5 was deleted
  • 12/2/12
  • snaps6
yes we do have pitching, just dont wanna trade niese for any hitter cause we need hitting id rather stay pat this year and find something better next year. just sayin...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545782.7 was deleted
  • 12/2/12
  • 86kid

I wouldn't trade Neise, I'd trade Dickey.

Dickey is 10 years older, will be more expensive, and he'll have a higher trade value right now than Niese.

Trading Neise would make no sense too me. He is young and cheap and the type of player we should be building around.

Dickey is the type we should be trading to help put talent around Wright and the rest of them. I love Dickey, but dealing him makes the most sense for the franchise. What's the point of signing him for two more years if we can't put a full team on the feild for another few years? It is like paying someone big money just to we can remain a middle-bottom of division team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • AdrianMonk

We already have a Cy Young Award Winner from Nashville. I don't think we need two. Most teams don't have any.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • wrghtknght
Gotta admit, having BOTH current Cy Young winners on our pitching staff does seem tempting....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • gomets66
why would they want dickey or niese. they have plenty of pitching. they need bats.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • murphstates
Exactly and if they're making Price available they could get Myers + one from KC.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/2/12
  • abbymart
I'm assuming it would be a first for BOTH Cy Young winners to be traded the following year
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 86kid

>>>"Gotta admit, having BOTH current Cy Young winners on our pitching staff does seem tempting...."<<<

Not if you lack an oufield, catcher, and bullpen.

• Reply to this Message