• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Niese for Arenciba
  • To:All
  • 12/1/12
  • Robert
Rumor if that happens I would be beyond sick. Arenciba is terrible.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545766.2 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
He's not terrible, he has power and supposedly calls a good game, but I agree he's not nearly enough. Especially from a team overloaded with catching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
you're right,that would be one bad deal
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545766.5 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • Moses0507
I want Travis d'Arnaud
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • DFAB
TERRIBLE deal....if that's what the rumors are saying we can get for Niese than I'd NEVER trade him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • DFAB
If they want Niese, the deal STARTS with D'Arnaud and they add on from there....same with Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545766.9 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • robrock30

If this deal happens justice will have been served. JP Arencibia is a 1st round draft choice picked by Mr. J.P. Ricciardi, who is now the Met assistant GM.

In 2002, Ricciardi picked Russ Adams (who?) as SS in the 1st round, and therefore he passed on Troy Tulowitzky in 2005. Steve Phillips, former Met GM (remember him) actually offered Ricciardi David Wright for Jose Cruz Jr., and Ricciardi turned it down. Yes this is the same Ricciardi who signed the worst contract in baseball, Vernon Wells for 7 years $ 126 million with full no trade clause.

Over the course of eight drafts, Ricciardi took a college player with his first pick in seven of them. Two have made significant impacts (Romero and Hill) whereas the others are either middling pros or have completely washed out altogether.

Don't trust Mr. Ricciardi's familiarity with the Toronto system, as he will repeat the same mistakes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/701001-mlb-draft-history-analysing-the-toronto-blue-jays-drafting-since-2000

Edited 12/1/12   by  robrock30
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • cjct

now that we have signed wright and have rumored to up our offer for dickey.

We do need to trade Niese for multiple positions.

I would tell them its either a deal surrounded by Gee for Arencibia

or

If they want Niese they would have to add Raja Davis and another player + JP Arencibia

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • dmanning12
I would try and get JP & Rajai for something like Mejiaa/Gee, Duda and throw in another prospect if we need to. Someone along the lines of Havens DD or Vaughn.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • metthunder
read where Jays like Gee and if they'd take Duda, but Vaughn stays unless he's the one who stops the deal
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/1/12
  • 3bwright
The Jays will not want many of those guys
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • dmanning12
I like Vaughn too. Would like to see him get some ST run
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • metthunder
he has some pop in his bat from his pop
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • edmet
it would have to be a package inckuding rajai davis and a good young pitching prospect in minors. i still dont like it. why dont we trade for rajai davis separately? gorski perhaps?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • robrock30
Why don't we hold onto Niese and acquire a FA catcher? It just makes too much sense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • skorpio520
d'arnaud,marisnik, and jimenez better be coming back in any trade involving niese.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • leaffie

Marisnik went to Miami. And like all fans that over rate their own players, The Jays are not going to trade Darnaud for Niese.

I doubt they would even trade him for Dickey.

• Reply to this Message