• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• i know being positive is not allowed but i like the future
Message 545761.1 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • sheadro
Shhh as a Mets fan you are only allowed to see what is directly in front of your face and complain about it. Let's try this again this time trying whining that this team doesn't spend any money and then whine about the money we spent on Wright. Contradicting yourself is a good way to endear yourself with this fan base

Edited 12/1/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • JoseJose
Shhh the FO has been awesome the past few years. Fred is a stand up guy who is a huge fan of our team, and he is obviously commited to winning. Anything negative that has happened is the fault of these selfish fans, it has nothing to do with how the team has been (mis) managed. There is nothing to be critical of. The team has been so successful, due directly to the FO's many moves designed to put the best possible team on the field. And as a result, we have depth at every position, and lots of power and speed, not to mention our excellent bullpen. With this near perfect state of the team, it is hard to believe any fans would be critical. What downers!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • JoseJose
IMO, being negative or positive is up to individuals, but I tend to be more positive when my team actually experiences success. Call me crazy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • AdrianMonk

We're good enough, we're smart enough, and doggonit, people like us.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545761.6 through 545761.7 were deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • JoseJose
How was I nasty? Sorry if you took it that way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • JoseJose
More verbal vomit from our resident Wilpon defender. You could use a diaper for the stuff you write on here. Keep it coming you amuse us!
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545761.10 through 545761.11 were deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • JoseJose
Cool - I have no problem with anyone's own outlook, I just don't think the FO has the team's best interest at heart. The Wright signing doesn't change that for me.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • bbyjean616
How anyone still gives this FO the benefit of the doubt is baffling. On another thread I stated that as of now, we need to trade Dickey for a nice return. The response was "if dickey could get us a nice return, the FO would hav traded him by now" yes because all of these 4th place finishes show how well this team handles things. It's been stated over and over that no significant moves will be made this year. We did nothing with the money we saved with Jose but cut more payroll. When I see improvements, maybe then we should believe things might get better? Guess we just see it different dude.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • fargol

"IMO, being negative or positive is up to individuals, but I tend to be more positive when my team actually experiences success. Call me crazy. "

So what you're saying is that you prefer to be negative and miserable, and not bother even having a little hope?

That's fine, and as you say it's up to the individual, but to me (personally) that does not sound like fun, and rooting for your team is supposed to be at least a little fun.

Otherwise why bother?

• Reply to this Message
Message 545761.15 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • Oldfan

<<"However like I've said many times i love the pitching we have now and in teh system"

Agree

<<" I do think guys like Nimmo cecchini and Plawecki have a good chance to be good players when they fully develop."

Nimmo is supposedly raw, with great potential. We'll see in a couple how this works out.

Cecchini and Plawecki when drafted were nothing special. Again, it may turn out great for the Mets, but neither is considered an impact prospect.

Yes, the Mets have a few names in the system that Sandy & Co drafted, but don't forget ever other team also drafted players who they think/hope will turn out well.

I'm not convinced at this time that Sandy & Co were smarter than the majority of other GMs/scouts and scored an advantage. They may have, but it'll be a few years before it can be proven.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • fargol

"i understand frustration but if you have no hope for your team then it isnt worth it being a fan. "

Exactly.

As I see it (and I'm not speaking about anyone specifically), baseball is not necessary to my well-being. I cheer when they win, and I'm not happy when they lose.

But it's relatively brief. The owners are inept, no question about it, but I neither hate them (like some do) or wish physical harm on them (like a few do, which is pathetic), but I hold out hope for the future because without it, why the heck am I bothering to be up here and watch the games?

Without hope, and getting no joy whatsoever, sounds like torture to me, and if I'm hitting my hand with a hammer, I'm going to stop because it's not fun.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545761.18 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • fargol

" That is a clear sign of an immature and emotionally stunted adult! "

I can't understand it personally. It's as if some people 'need' the Mets to win.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545761.20 was deleted