• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• What happened (part 2)
Message 545759.1 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
Another perfect example of how "you never defend ownership". What was payroll last season, what are the payroll commitments for next season and how much has payroll gone up?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Moses0507
I guess cutting Bay did clear up some money this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates

Yes, $15 million. Pelfrey's another $5 million, Torres another $3 million.

So when they sign $25 million in additional players before spring training we should be in good shape.

When they don't, I'll be bumping this thread.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Moses0507

You still think the Mets can be good in 2013?

Without some blind luck, the Mets will not be good in 2013.

This is ALL about 2014.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
so they are paying more money to field the same team that was over 20 games out, and your happy.... Shakes my head in disgust!!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
No, I don't think they will because they won't sign anyone other than more scrap heap junk. However, the poster who started this thread seems to think they're on a spending spree so if that's the case we should be able to fill our holes and be ready to roll. The fact that it won't happen can't slow down the shills PR initiatives.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
They're not spending any more money, as of now they're actually spending less, but that doesn't help the PR campaign.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Moses0507

" the shills PR initiatives."

The Mets are not pretending like they are going after Hamilton or another top FA, So stop making it seem that way.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Moses0507
I forgot the season started tomorrow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
No, they aren't, but many posters here are acting as if they are.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Moses0507

They never said they were signing FA's this offseason.

But clearly signing Wright and Dickey is a sign that they are willing to spend, and that bodes well for the next few offseasons.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545759.13 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
They haven't increased payroll a nickel.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
Nit wits like you actually want to give them credit for "spending" when they haven't spent anything or were you predicting a $40 million payroll? I don't seem to recall that, can you link the post where you said payroll would be decreasing and therefore resigning Wright is "increasing" payroll?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

I love these threads.

How our public school systems have failed us... Somehow, less=more. Interesting.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • murphstates
They are a hoot. It's amazing how no one on this website defends ownership, but not a day passes without the usual suspects crowing about "spending" when there hasn't been any. Orwell couldn't have written these posts any better.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545759.18 through 545759.19 were deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • JoseJose
You bring up facts mattering - then why havn't you responded to Murph's question he has asked you repeatedly. What was payroll two years ago, last year, and what is it projected to be this year? A simple question you won't answer. Go ahead - tell us THOSE facts.
  • Reply to this Message