• putting a "C" on wright's jersey...
  • To:All
  • 12/1/12
  • pepsidog
...is total bush league.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • bucknerismyhero
I'd say he has earned it. He has been the de facto captain for years anyway, now that he is sure to be here long term why not?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • thebobymon
No worries, leave it to our crack sewing dept to put them all on backwards.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Gramps13
The "C" stands for "Cash."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Melo15nym
I didn't say he doesn't deserve to be captain. I said putting a "C" on his jersey is bush league.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • johnyringo
He stopped leading in the second half of last year. I'm not sure he deserves a "C"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
We should put a C on his jersy for Clutch, you see his 2nd half numbers over the last three years? I guess as long as he is a clean cut nice guy, you don't have to play an entire season...
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545751.8 through 545751.9 were deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • Kranesback
With what? ...that incredible second half last year? You'll probably want his number retired someday too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • bobjnymets

...was just thinking the same thing.

they could put a "$" on his jersey.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • scoocho
Wait til the C stands for Captain Choke, you Wright Lovers will be asking for his release!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 86kid

I think the whole thing about being named Captain, is that it has too feel natural. It one of those things that when it happens, everyone knows it's right. Like with Keith and Gary, and with Jetter...etc .

I love David, but I don't think putting a "C" on his chest feels natural, or right at this time. I think he has has a way's to go to get that - at least in my book. I can see that he's been taking more of an active hand on the field the last few years, but I still think it's doesn't feel right yet for me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • johnyringo

All atheltes should be “clean cut”. The owners are paying them millions upon millions to represent the organizations..

If some are to stupid to figure it out and to make some effort to appear “clean cut, that’s a reflection on them not Wright..

You seem angry at Wright for his very smart public persona…;I think you should be mad at the dopes who are too dumb to do the same

Edited 12/3/12   by  johnyringo
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Kranesback
Owners should not give a rat's as about a players appearance as long as he performs well. if you want a bunch of clean cut robots, there's a team for you in the Bronx.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • jsmet

The "C" stands for "Cash."

Bingo

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • jsmet

>C for choke.... <

this is more like it

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • thegooch42
like putting lipstick on a pig
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • johnyringo

In agree with you on "apperiance"....but there are many athletics to stuburen, to god like, and to stupid to at least keep their image and public personas respectable. In the end everyone loses out when the dopey players think they can do whatever the F they want.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • BigTon
It almost feels like we're being force fed a captain.Not cool.I like Wright but I never saw any outstanding leadership quality in him.I think If anybody should have that C on their uni it's Dickey or Johan.
  • Reply to this Message