• Pelfrey, Torres & Acosta
  • To:All
  • 12/1/12
  • deviljuice

Edited 12/1/12   by  deviljuice
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • jsmet
Good hopefully they all sign somewhere else.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • DFAB
I wouldn't mind bringing Pelf back on the cheap. As pitching depth or a #5 starter, Pelf can be valuable. Pelf's value was horrible with us when he was counted on as an ace. I know most people here hate Pelf but bringing him back on a cheap contract would be a smart baseball decision.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • nvmets10
Soto is now our best realistic option at catcher. Sure, 2012 was miserable for him but he's still got a .776 OPS for his career and is just 30 years old.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • 86kid

I suspect that Pelfrey might get a bit more money from another team than he'd be offered here. At most, if the Mets were even considering him, they might offer sort of a Chris Young type of deal.... minor league deal / invite to camp, and a chance to earn more money if you prove you are healthy and still effect, and "X" bump in salary if you make the major league team and pitch "X" amount of innings...etc. Those types of incentives.

Personally, I have no desire to see Mike return. I feel that just from an emotional standpoint, we need to separate ourselves from things/people in the past that haven't worked out well for us, and/or who were not extactly a positive force here on the field, or with the fan base. Kinda just want to turn the page and move on to new bold, if ya' know what I mean....???

Horrible idea ? No. But still, I'd rather oick up someone else if we need to.

As it stands though, the rotation is Johan, Dickey, Neise, Harvey, Gee. We have Wheeler likely to be up by the trading deadline, if not sooner. Plus we have Mejia and Famila in the wings, along with a couple of others who could fill in. We have decents depth even if we deal Dickey - especially since its another transitional year anyway.

• Reply to this Message