• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Lannan would be a decent # 5
Message 545742.1 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • 4545_ajd
I wouldn't mind bringing him in letting him compete with Gee for #5 spot, can never have too much pitching depth.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
if they're going to keep everyone and not deal a starter than Lannan doesn't fit with us because i'm not sure he's even better than Gee at this point and with Wheeler on the short term horizon believe it or not SP isn't a need for us (i can't believe i just said that)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • tomg1964
I agree plus that would give us the option if we trade dickey for help in the outfield and
catcher.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Kranesback
He'll would probably marry some artist named Yaka Ana and the Mets would break up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
IMAGINE!!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545742.7 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • Matt H

Dickey or Niese, looks more like Niese, may be traded this week for an outfielder. Lannan, someone who grew up in NY, would be a great option for the back of the rotation. Honestly, he is a solid player. For the most part of his career his ERA is in the high 3's. He is still young, not saying he is getting better, but he is a solid pitcher. I would not mind giving him even a 2 year deal depending on the price if we trade someone like Niese or Dickey.

If we trade Niese,

Dickey
Santana (who knows how many starts)
Harvey
Gee
Lannan/Wheeler

2014:
Dickey
Harvey
Wheeler
Gee
Lannan

• Reply to this Message
Message 545742.9 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • viper99

Lannan is a good option to have and so is bringing back Pelfrey if possible.

Lannan can also become the 2nd LH starter once Santana leaves via FA.

Dickey, Niese, Harvey, Wheeler, Lannan/Gee. Starters are always in demand so if productive, there will always be a trade market for them.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • AdrianMonk

Why do we need another #5?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • AdrianMonk

If anyone, I'd rather sign Pelf.
  • Reply to this Message