• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Mets haven't spent new money
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • PrayedforBay

Just remember they haven't added to payroll. They kept Wright, they didn't add a new player, nor does Wrights salary change for this year and even when it kicks in for 2014 he will be making like 3 mil more per year (feel the surge). The extension is not indicative of the Wilpons desire for spending on any big time FAs. The best we can hope for is whatever bargain bin signings they make this year will work out for them.

I'm getting the feeling they don't want to trade for anyone either. This is not a win now year, its a: "Lets see what we find" kind of year. I'm hopeful Santana does well and is traded before the deadline.

Edited 11/30/12   by  PrayedforBay
Edited 11/30/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
Its November...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • metsicle
i get the feeling that people would be upset if we traded for Mike Trout while keeping Harvey & Wheeler, because it didn't add much to the payroll.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • murphstates

I'm happy that Wright has been resigned. While I think there are valid arguments to be made that trading him would have been a better long-term strategy, at least he's not going to walk away for draft picks like Reyes.

That said, I find the euphoria of some here a bit hard to understand. We haven't added to the team, we simply have kept it intact. Keeping Wright hasn't made the team better, nor does it show any commitment to improving the product on the field. What happens between now and spring training will show what direction the organization is taking.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • PrayedforBay

I'm making the point to people who somehow think that extending Wright suffocated our spending ability.

Im not suggesting it was a bad move because it didn't add to payroll as you and metsicle thought.

• Reply to this Message