• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• IF WE SIGNED HAMILTON, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS TEAM?
Message 545733.1 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • thebobymon
Its much too sunny at Citi for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
confused
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • BigTon
Love Hamilton but he just doesn't seem like a good fit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

We'd almost be a contender for a playoff spot then.

Almost.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • bkvega
Im with you brother. If i was the owner i would have signed him already. 30 mil a year for 5 years. He'll be the highest paid player in major league history. So he falls off the wagon once in a while, Big deal and i know the fans wil come. All i have is one question for those who dont want him for whatever reason. Do the Rangers make it to 2 worldSeries appearances in a row without Hamilton? NO!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545733.7 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507

Uhh that would be the Worst move.

The guy gets hurt wayyy to much, is very inconsistent, and could fall off the wagon at any moment.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • bkvega
The Mets are boring. I get the MLB pacage every year because i live in Florida but if they dont improve the team i am not getting the pacage next year I've almost had it with thease !@#$% owners
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507

If you are a METS FAN then you will Want to watch them play.

Josh Hamilton is a Fine player but he doesn't turn this team into a winner automatically and he would kill this team's payroll for the next 5-years.

He's too injury prone and inconsistent.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • bkvega
Oh i will watch when ever they are on ESPN which is once maybe twice a year. Not spending 200 dollars a year for the MLB INN.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • AdrianMonk

I'd feel as if we had lost our true character.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507

Fair enough.

But I will not sacrifice great teams for one possible run at the playoffs.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545733.14 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • PrayedforBay

The best Hamilton would do is provide the Mets with added attendance at the games. That is until the Mets solidify their losing record again next year.

The Mets have many holes to fill and this man isn't gonna solve every problem. They need to spread what limited funds they will have in the coming years appropriately to have any chance at contending.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • murphstates
I'd feel much better for several reasons. He's a great player, that would be a move that demonstrates the organization is committed to improving the team and it keeps him away from the Phillies. Can you imagine what he would do in that band box?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545733.17 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
the more realistic question is if the Phillies sign Hamilton how would you feel about this team?
  • Reply to this Message