• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Ryan Ludwick
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
Haven't seen his name mentioned much here, I think he fits what the Mets are looking for as far as a righty OF bat with power to hit in the 5 spot between Ike and Duda that will cost under 10M a year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • bucknerismyhero
Better than what we have currently, but not good either...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Matt H
If the Met's can't obtain someone like Myers in a trade. Ludwick would not be bad. He had a pretty decent season last year. Besides last year, he had some bad seasons but hopefully he would be able to keep it up. Just would not sign him long term obviously. 2-3 years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • alex6633
Yeah. Ludwick and Reed Johnson are my two choices.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • DFAB
He would be a solid pickup IMO...he isn't a FA is he?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
26 HRs in 422 ABs last year, I would sign up for that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Oldfan

He's probably better than Hairston, but not by much.

He hit well in Cinn, but Citi might be a different story and he's 34 or 35.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • AdrianMonk

I like the idea, because it gives the Wilpons something to show the fans without doing too much damage.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
Difference is Ludwick can hit righties as well, he hit .280 with 16 Hrs against them last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • joemets22
He's really hit or miss though. The last good full season he had before last year was all the way back in 2008.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • nvmets10
It's true. He's not a slam dunk by any means but you look at the list of free agents and this is probably the best we'll be able to do power wise. Swisher is most definitely out of our price range and with the Red Sox and Phillies mentioned in connection with Cody Ross, that seems unlikely too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Kranesback
I'd rather have Ross, but Ludwick would be a possibility. I'd also like us to bring back Hairston.
  • Reply to this Message