Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mets fans, the worst type of fans?
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • dejavu1

"Sign David Wright to an extension or i'm done being a Mets fan."

"Trade David Wright, he <sucks and we need to rebuild."

"The Wilpons are the worst, they don't even have enough money to sign our best player."

*After signing Wright*

"8 more years of whiff boy."

"What have the Wilpons done?" - said in a negative light.

"Thank God we just resigned the most unclutch player."

It's a shame. We just signed our best player since Mike Piazza to essentially a career ending contract. He's loyal and repeatedly stated he wants to be part of the solution. It's disgusting that some fans can never be happy. I haven't even mentioned the fans that constantly remind everyone how bad the team is and how bad even our best players are. To them, why are you even fans of the Mets if all that comes out of your mouth is in some way shape or form negative?

For all the criticism i've give the Wilpons, for this I thank them, cause while I would understand a complete rebuild of the team, trading David Wright would have meant losing my favorite player in nearly a decade and my 2nd favorite Mets player since I started watching in the mid-late 90's.

How jaded and unhappy do some of you have to be to be unable to celebrate when the Mets finally do something good for the fans? Jesus.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545715.2 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • hammr1952
especially on here lol.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Mort2112
Luckily not all Mets fans are like you see here. This place just seems to attract those that want to complain.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • alfolerud
So our fans are a problem but the owners aren't? You clearly don't care about winning if you have a problem with the fans, as we are clearly not responsible for the poor management decision.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • dejavu1
No I definitely recognize that. But it's frustrating to see all the constant negativity even when something good like this happens. Makes me lose faith in the fan base.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545715.7 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • alfolerud
Meanwhile, years of poor decision making by the Wilpons and the GMs give you confidence about the future?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Kranesback
Whether it was something good for the fans is in the eye of the beholder...it was one of the dumbest moves we could have possibly made.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • dejavu1

When did I say that? I criticize the Wilpons a lot. While they provide more money than an average MLB team they still shouldn't own THIS team because of how big the market is here and the demand the fans have to field a successful team at ALL costs.

Then again, maybe we've been spoiled by living in NY and constructing teams because we had owners that were more wealthy than other owners. Either way, i'm used to seeing the Mets spend on players and I want to see that again. For the lack of spending we've been seeing I criticize the Wilpons.

But at the same time, I will not complain about them when they resign a player who has been a core part of our team for years and will be for years to home (hopefully). I will not criticize them for eating contracts like Luis Castillo, Oliver Perez, and Fernando Rodriguez.

They deserve criticism not hatred bro.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545715.11 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • joemets22

I'm happy with keeping Wright as long as the payroll goes up. I don't think he's the kind of player that should take up 1/5 of the payroll, but if it shoots back up it's fine.

I think that's the context you're missing for the most part. Yeah there are a few people who just didn't want him back period, but a lot of the people who are in favor of trading him are really leaning that way because they have no faith in the Wilpons. They're not just hating on Wright.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • fargol

"dont waste you time with him. He thinks you are a koolaider or wilpon lover if you dont agree with him lol "

He'll also put words in your mouth like he did in this thread. Reminds me a lot of Metsmagic et al.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • fargol

"I'm happy with keeping Wright as long as the payroll goes up."

I agree with that, and I sincerely hope that's the plan. It makes sense that if you tie up a guy in his 30's, you better have plans to make the team relevant within a couple seasons.

If nothing else happens this offseason that's significant, or even semi-significant, I think the fans would have reason to be disappointed and upset.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • melloca
The worst kind of fans are the NY Jess "Jets". Thank Goodness I am a die hard NY Giants Fan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • AdrianMonk

They just like to whine.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • fredhoss
Yeah we should have traded him to get Jose back.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • DFAB

"Luckily not all Mets fans are like you see here. This place just seems to attract those that want to complain."

Bingo.

But honestly when you think about it, what is the point of a message board? I certainly use it to vent concerns, frustrations, excitement, etc. I guess it's the level or method of which you perform said actions that differs from fan to fan...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Mort2112

"I guess it's the level or method of which you perform said actions that differs from fan to fan..."

Bingo, right back at ya.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • viper99
Worse fans for the Wilpons = the one who doesn't show up at the stadium.
  • Reply to this Message