• Tommy Hansen
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • melloca
Was just traded from the Braves to the Angels per Jon Heymann
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • joemets22
For Jordan Walden. I like the deal for the Angels. Both Hanson and Walden were bad last year, but I'd still take the shot on a young talented starter over a reliever.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012
For releif pitcher Jordan Walden? WTH is up with that?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545712.4 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012

I dont get it from the braves side, A home grown satill young (26) good pitcher who in 4 years is 13 games over .500 with a mid 3s ERA for a releif pitcher who may have 34 saves but just one last year comming off the worst of his 3 seasons and his ERA has rising each of hios first three years.

Dont get it at all

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Let me guess, you have no idea who Tommy Hansen is.

Add that to the long list of things you seemingly know nothing about.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld
I mean, the Braves have an absurd amount of SP talent coming up so I guess he was expendable... But they could have done much better, IMO.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • wright75
I understand why the braves would make this deal, they shorten the game by adding to an already stacked bullpen. And give up a pitcher with a shoulder problem
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • hammr1952
makes no sense... they overpay for upton and now trade a decent pitcher for a so-so reliever... puzzlin to say the least.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
So the combo of Jurrjens and Hanson not working out to well for the Braves, One gets traded for a reliever the other is about to be non tendered.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • joemets22

Well, there are some red flags with Hanson. He's had declining velocity already and numerous injuries, and was just flat out bad last year.

But that being said, it still would've been tough for me to completely give up on him and deal him for a reliever already.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012
If you look at his last three years his ERA has continued to raise each year and I would ahve to think with his track record Hanson could have brought back more.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Oldfan

Yeah, I think the Braves have seen enough of Hansen to have some real doubts.

Atlanta is generally a smart organization, so reallocating the 4-5 mil he would have received in arbitration is probably where the value lies.

Although he was good his first 2 years, last year, he had a 4.48 era and 1.45 WHIP. There has to be a reason for the poor season.

At least the Braves move on from a mediocre pitcher, instead of hoping he gets better. They probably feel they can at least replace those numbers from within or get someone cheaper from the dumpster.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012
Agreed and even more so when you look at that relief pitchers first three years his ERA has gone up each year so who knows what 2013 will bring?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • viper99
We should have gotten Hansen for Francisco + 3M. lol
  • Reply to this Message