• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• i like myers but its extremely risky
Message 545703.1 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • alfolerud
Koolaiders like you hate making moves which are in the Mets best long-term interest.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545703.3 through 545703.5 were deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • Matt H

Niese is a solid pitcher who just had a very solid season, the best of his career. For all we know, he may go back to pitching with an ERA above 4. I am a huge fan of Niese, but trading Niese for the #3 prospect in baesball is a hard move not to make.

It is risky, but Myers looks like a stud. He's the type of player we need. If the risk works out, more then likely it seems like he will turn out to be a great player, our team got significantly better. Easily the most debatable conversation on the board as of recent.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jgrangers2
It's a risk, but I think it's one the Mets have to take if presented. We have no major league ready position players right now and Myers could potentially make the roster on opening day.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • kenny2112

Have to evaluate a deal with Dickey, not Niese. Look at nearly all southpaw development. Pull up the top 10 lefties of all time. Nearly all come into their own at 26/27 years old. Just the way it is, and especially so with a non-power pitcher. Not saying Niese is HOF worthy and not saying that his development will 100% take a step forward next year, but the precedent for young lefties is congruent with his success last year and the trajectory is typically for further improvement.

If he works out and hopefully Harvey and Wheeler can also be mid to top if the rotation talent, that is a cheap, quality core that can last for 5 years. Have to keep that intact as I see it.

Need to see what a Dickey plus prospects can get us and take the highest impact player we can garner. Maybe it is Myers, but maybe not. Would think that Dickey with a 2 year extension to average out to 3 years at $8 or $9 per plus say Flores and Familia is very close for KC. Helps them win now with Dickey, gives them a bullpen option with upside in Familia for now and the future and an out year prospect with upside in Flores.

• Reply to this Message