Parra
Gomez
Ludwick
Ichiro
Bourjos
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • melloca
I would like the Mets go after Victorino as far as Ludwick is concerned it looks like he may go back to the Reds, Ichiro could head back to the Stankees
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545702.3 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • alfolerud

I'd be happy if we signed either Victorino or Ichiro to hit leadoff, and then went after Kubel or Willingham.

I'd be even happier if we traded for Rasmus and Fowler/Brantley.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • alfolerud
Yea...I was just stating some options we have.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • mysticpiazza
Of your list, I like Choo and Bourjos. Choo is not that expensive and is a solid hitter/defender, while Bourjos, IMO, is underrated and has great potential for very little money.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • alfolerud
Options do exist. There is no excuse for the Wilpons to not pursue young outfielders who will be under team control for a long time.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545702.8 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • Matt H

I am really hoping the Met's can pull of a trade for Myers. That is my dream this off-season. As much as I hate Victorino, I would not mind him as out center fielder for like a 3-year 21-25 million dollar deal tops.

If we can obtain someone like Myers, I would truly not mind Captin Kirk in center. He plays great defense, cheap. Showed some pop last season. Just needs to take the next step to be a true everyday center fielder.

Edited 11/30/12   by  Matt H
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct
Rasmus - to expensive
Victorino - to expensive
Choo - say goodbye to Niese
Brantley - not interested
Fowler - interested (probably will cost good prosepcts)
Willingham - ehhh old
Kubel - ehh think he benifited from hitter ball park
Parra - nice little player (wonder what he would cost)
Gomez - been there done that
Ludwick - old, slow, do not want
Ichiro - wont come to the mets
Bourjos - not avaliable per angels
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545702.11 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • metsheart
Trades to fill needs not possible?

If another team needs 1B or 3B help Mets have Duda, Murphy, Valdespin, Flores to trade. Package 1 of those w/ Familia or Mejia (or MAYBE Gee) & get 2nd tier OF and/ or C. Mets don't need to get top of the line players. Just need to get AVERAGE OF & C to make enough difference to compete for WC.

PITCHING is what keeps teams in contention!!! Mets SP looks pretty darned good going forward. Need to improve BP. If Mets can cut blown saves in 1/2 that's 9-10 more wins right there (19 BS 2012). And cut down on BP losses that's several more wins. Just have AVERAGE BP vs 2nd worst BP in MLB & Mets can compete for WC (at least). Dodgers scored 13 LESS runs than Mets but had 12 MORE WINS!! LAD in WC hunt right til end of season (LAD = 86 wins / STL = 88 wins). Difference was pitching. NOT offense!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • edmet
now that span is gone, choo should be a priority,possibly bourjous or fowler for cf. they may be too expensive, maybe we bring torres back for a yr.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • edmet
i like choo, i think mejjia and flores is plenty for 1 yr rental scott boras client choo. no way niese. niese for darnaud, rajai davis and a pitching prospect ok.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • dbackfanron

"Parra - nice little player (wonder what he would cost)"

Puello?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • metsheart
"i like choo, i think mejjia and flores is plenty for 1 yr rental scott boras client choo"

Mets should only trade for young players under team control for at least 3-4 yrs. NO TRADES for 1 yr rental Scott Boras client!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012
Anyone on that list would greatly improve the offense in the spot of Bay/ Torres, That said I think the tender deadline is tonight so we might see some new names on that list come tomorrow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • metsheart
Good point about non-tender list.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • tomg1964
I would take a flier on Nate McLouth if price is right.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Kranesback
You do realize we're not spending a dime for the next 8 years.
  • Reply to this Message