• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dickey will accept 2 year extension per reports
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • mets06ny

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/mlb-rumors/21202251/report-ra-dickey-willing-to-accept-a-twoyear-extension

Hope the deal gets done. Would have to think Niese gets moved then if anybody for a bat.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • joemets22
I still wouldn't really want to move Niese, he's still young. We don't really know what we're going to get from Johan and Sandy said in his last interview of the season that they're going to consider themselves fortunate if Santana even gets to 150 innings next year. The only possible strength this team has is the rotation, and that will have some questionmarks if Niese gets dealt.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545694.3 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • mets06ny
I agree it would have to be a monster deal...and yes the glass is half full haha
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545694.5 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • jgrangers2
If someone offers a great deal (i.e. Myers from KC), the Mets would have to seriously consider it and probably pull the trigger, but I would hold onto Niese for anything less than something that truly blows me away.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545694.7 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct
am i the only fan upset that we will be going to war with exactly the same team as the last couple of years which we have stunk???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jgrangers2
It's November 30th. The Winter Meetings haven't even begun yet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • mets06ny
Myers would be very tempting! It would have to be someone along those lines or else Niese would have to stay put....but we have to address the outfield somehow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • mets06ny
Yes let's see what the meetings bring. We won't field the same team as last year. No way. Bay has been cut...there will be at least one new OFer, possibly catcher and obviously will be new bullpen faces etc.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct

can you please explain to me after signing wright and dickey with what money or players via trade will we be acquiring?

what assets do we have?

Davis is an asset but I don't want to trade him, i think he is more valuable then Wright. Niese is guess is a trade chip but that will only get us one maybe 2 decent players.

Where are these phantom assets and funds coming from regardless if its the beginning of the winter meetings or not. We just spend all are money on day 1.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jgrangers2
If they can get Myers for Niese, that's a move that has to be made. With our lack of major league ready position players, a 22 year old, power hitting centerfielder who can potentially be on the opening day roster is a guy you have to get.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jgrangers2
I don't know the financial situation. Wright's contract pays him the same amount next year that he would have made on his old deal and I'm not sure how much Dickey will get. There will probably still be room for relatively inexpensive players. If you were expecting major personnel changes, I think your expectations were ridiculous.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

This offseason is turning into a disaster.

So we'll have the same exact team. Great.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507

This is ALL Set-up for 2014 and 2015.

Those years can be very solid with Harvey and Wheeler in the rotation

• Reply to this Message
Message 545694.17 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • kenny2112
Harvey and Wheeler should be anticipated as rounding out the rotation in 14/15. Not fair to be relying on them for top of the rotation. If we trade Niese, unless Dickey can hold his own as a top tier pitcher, we are looking at needing both a 1 and 2 starter. Not exactly a recipe for competing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • mets06ny
I'm confident we will field a better team than last year, but expecting a complete overhaull is unrealistic. I agree that having the same team would stink but Bay is gone (great starting point) and they'll obviously make roster changes. They won't parade the same roster out there so I'm just personally waiting to see what additions/changes are made before I bash them lol
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545694.20 was deleted