New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Report: Collins will ask Wright to be Captain
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Anthony DiComo ?@AnthonyDiComo

Just spoke to Terry Collins, who strongly intimated he will ask Wright to be the official team captain. #Mets "

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Oldfan
Makes sense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct

oh goodie...what is the infatuation with being a captain do we want to copy the freakin yankees...we aren't the yankees and i hate the yankees.

this has a media relations and social media stink right next to this Wright signing. I keep getting the feeling this had little to do with baseball and more to do with off the field stuff.

great...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd

"oh goodie...what is the infatuation with being a captain do we want to copy the freakin yankees...we aren't the yankees and i hate the yankees. "

Yes because the Yankees invented team captains...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • almandareo357
Cool. But I dont like seeing the actual letter C on baseball jerseys.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507

It depends. I think if the guy is a TRUE Captain, it looks Cool.

On franco it looked dumb, but on Keith's jersey it was nice.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • ohhthepain
What I saw from DW in the 2nd half of last year was not a captain. I think the Mets probably feel this makes sense. You sign DW long term and the next logical move is putting the C on his jersey. I mean to me it really means very little if anything. The C on his jersey won't mean jack squat if he has a 2nd half like I watched last season and the team stinks. Maybe it provides him with some motivation to be even better. Thats all you can hope for.
  • Reply to this Message