• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• UGH. 8 more years of 4th place
Message 545680.1 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • oceans48
This is the Cheapons way of ingratiating themselves to the fan base and strictly a PR move. They can now say they've invested in the team and make themselves look good in the press. However, if this is their BIG move and they don't spend anywhere else, what exactly did they do to improve the team? Just sign a pretty face that's gotten them nowhere, can't carry a team and now has little motivation.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • METMAINEAC

"Cheapons"

Well, that is certainly rich.

you two idiots got anything insightful?

• Reply to this Message
Message 545680.4 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct
not saying they are 100% correct, but when's the last time we have been relevant and what changes have been made to the roster to make you think things will be different?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545680.6 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • oceans48
Someone please tell me exactly where this move improves the team we've watched underperforming the last 6 years?????
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545680.8 through 545680.9 were deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • melloca
I can see a few more years in last place as the Mets still have too many holes on this team and don't be fooled as Freddy and Jeffy are still cheap.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • melloca
Sorry meant 4th place
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545680.12 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • knarf0516

"Someone please tell me exactly where this move improves the team we've watched underperforming the last 6 years?????"

It doesn't. All it does is prevent it from being worse. We're at a point where anything that does not lead to the team being worse is seen as an accomplishment .

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct

why is that your response?

Because I am a diehard mets fan and have been since I knew what baseball was I have to agree with every move the organization makes?

I think we just signed a very good player (and again I repeat he is a very good player). But his overall production is replaceable, by improving the other positions we have struggled at (OF and Catcher) while then Allowing Murphy to move back to his natural position and grooming Flores to take over possibly mid season.

Bam now you have a team with a lot more salary flexability and possibly the same amount of production if you acquired the best pieces in a Wright trade.

The only really benifit to David Wright at this point is off the field for the Mets. And to sign a guy for a 120 million dollar extension for off the field purposes is crazy!

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct

great, just what I look for in rooting for a team "mediocracy"

I say either try to be really good or be really bad to get really good.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545680.16 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • cjct

but there is the problem. I think some Mets fan are happy we made a move?

I think it was a sign of desperation to keep the "novice" Met fan happy. Die hards are going to stick with the team through thick and thin and understand that every move should be made for baseball reasons and not social reasons which I think had a lot to do with this move.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • melloca
No I will never jump ship I will root for the Mets win or lose, I can criticize the front office and ownership which is my right. The bottom line is this unless ownership spends then we are still a 4th place team. You can have a great pitching from the starting rotation but if your not scoring runs and your bullpen blows the lead then what's the excuse.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545680.19 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • flushing21
Yep. Congratulations to the New York Mets. Thy just broke the bank for a guy that will hit .270 and strike out 180 times for the next eight years. Not to mention someone incapble of getting a runner in from 3rd with less than two out. This move set us back years.
  • Reply to this Message