New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Can We Get An Ooops?
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • beingfrank

Can we get an ooops from...

the guys who have been inundating this board for months with GUARANTEES that the Mets would not sign Wright and calling anyone who thought differently a fool?

the guys who have been inundating the board for months with conspiracy theories about how the organization had a master plan to paint Wright as greedy and let him walk?

C'mon guys. The rest of us had to deal with months of this sh*t from you. You can do it! Give us an ooops. Show the world you have at least one testicle

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Kranesback
I'll give the Mets an oops for a really stupid signing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • beingfrank
Fair enough. If you were against him being signed or have a problem with the contract that is cool. But if you've been filling the boards up with BS for months on end with crazy conspiracy theories, ridiculous guarantees and getting nasty with anyone who disagrees with you, we'd all appreciate showing the board you've got a pair and can own up to being COMPLETELY WRONG
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545676.4 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • captainmet
Hey ya may not think Wright is worth it, and ya may think it will handcuff us sometime in the futureand you may be right about that however this move had to be done man regardless of the money talk it's just good baseball sense
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • abbymart
haha. Did you really expect any different? My 6 year old niece has more backbone then the majority of guys here
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545676.7 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • wrghtknght

Yeah, considering we'd already seen the "slander and walk" tactic with Reyes, and almost saw it during the season with Davis, I had EVERY reason to believe that the same would happen to Wright and possibly Dickey. I'm very happy to admit I was wrong, but in no way will I apologize for my opinion, and will wait to see if this is genuinely a turn for the better, or if this is just one bright spot in an otherwise dark future.

With ANYTHING dealing with the Mets, the proper view should be "I'll believe it when I see it", and I haven't seen enough to think that they're going to honestly turn things around. Not yet, at least. With all the damage the Wilpons have done, JUST signing Wright is no longer enough.

Edited 11/30/12   by  wrghtknght
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Mort2112
Nobody asked for an apology. Just an ooops.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545676.10 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • saztastic2012
Those guys are too ignorant to admit they were wrong, They have been spinning their ashes off since the news came down.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • hammr1952
even when they are proven WRONG beyond a shadow of a doubt they still are right lm^ao.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld
Yep, you can get an oops. I said the FO would do that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Kranesback
Almost as wrong as the imbecile that said Sandy had fixed the bullpen last winter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jets_mets
The Mets will never resign Wright. Jon Neise can't finish a season strong. Matt Harvey is the next Joe Blanton. Tejada will never hit major league pitching. Ike Davis will never hit 30 HRs (My personal favorite) Long list of oops that we will never hear.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • saztastic2012
And the list goes on and on and on LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • elsid1986

The Wright contract is not a surprise. I like Wright, but let's not make it more than it is. He was signed for 2013 already and the commitment to him is for roughly the same annual $$ going forward. So by signing Wright to a long term extension they are in the same place they were in 2012. No better. No worse.

Let's see them increase spending to improve the team, not just maintain status quo.

If all they did this winter was sign Wright and Dickey and a couple of bottom of the barrell free agents does that make the team better? Would you be happy?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • elsid1986
Hey Saz, are you still projecting 20+ Home Runs for Bay?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • saztastic2012
Meaning troll reply.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • alfolerud
Can you please state your last CORRECT prediction?
  • Reply to this Message