• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wright Signs!
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd
Very good to see, glad this is over with. Now lets put a C on his chest and get to locking up Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507
AGREED!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Kranesback
For "choke".
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545673.4 through 545673.5 were deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • stearnsy12

i don't get it,what do you see now as the plan to improve the team?

i think David's a great guy and a good player,but where do we go from here?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • DFAB
glad to see it's finally done
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jsmet
To much money wasted on a good but not elite player. Enjoy 4 th
Place the next 3 years
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545673.9 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • DFAB
so we are going to be in 4th because we signed Wright? OR are we going to be in 4th because we don't have owners that are committed to winning? There's a difference.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jsmet
So the wilpons sign wright to make wright fans happy and sell tickets but how does that help the team?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • DFAB
Well, it's clear they wouldn't have traded him if they didn't extend him because of the ASG...so he would have walked via FA. How does THAT help the team?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545673.13 was deleted
  • 11/30/12
  • jsmet

Waste of money

Yup

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • jsmet

Dumbest c.r.ap. the Mets ever did. Whiff boy

This could turn out to be worse then bay and perez contracts.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • krlnd

Great news!

If he spends the next 8 years here with somewhat comparable production, he has a chance to be the 1st Met in the HOF to play his entire career with the Mets! Also, hopefully by then he will also have a ring which can only help his case for Cooperstown...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • nvmets10
I think we probably need to see what they do to improve the team from here before making any judgment. Would like to think there's a plan to acquire a good bat via trade but we'll see. For now, it's definitely encouraging that they're willing to commit to this kind of deal. What's important, though, is that they commit to a plan. Especially if Dickey is re-signed as well, you then HAVE to make serious moves to better the team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • mysticpiazza

Ding ding ding! Somebody just chimed in with a voice of reason. We can debate whether or not Sandy's a competent GM, but I have to believe he wouldn't be stupid enough to sign Wright to a mega deal and financially cripple the team from rebuilding long term. Obviously he thinks he can accomplish both, even if it means watching 2013 slip by before money comes off the books to work with. I'm fine with that. You've just locked up the 2nd best player in franchise history for the next 7 years, who not only owns many franchise records but will definitely break more. And let's not forget his defense, which has improved greatly and you could argue should have won the golden glove this year.

But I suppose there are those who still think Ty Wigginton was the answer. ;^)

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • fargol

"So the wilpons sign wright to make wright fans happy and sell tickets but how does that help the team? "

You're asking how is adding a player of DW's caliber helping the team?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • fargol

"This could turn out to be worse then bay and perez contracts."

LOL to both and an extra LOL for Bay.

Really? Worse than Bay and Perez?

• Reply to this Message