• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wright RUMORS about deferred $$$
  • To:All
  • 11/29/12
  • metsheart
Seems a lot of people here are getting bent out of shape based on ONE supposed "report" from unnamed "industry source" in NY Post.

We even KNOW if Mets asked David to defer ANY $$$ ???

For all we know maybe what David said was "inaccurate" isn't about deferred $$$ at all. Maybe it's inaccurate about them being close to making a deal. Maybe it's about David looking for "Santana $$$ deal." Maybe about back loading deal. Maybe about AMOUNT to be deferred ( if there's even deferred $$$). For how long. No way to know what David was referring to. Maybe there's nothing there for us to be upset about!!!

How bout we stop specualting on somebody else's speculation & wait til something gets officially announced???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/29/12
  • edmet
he will be signed by saturday.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/29/12
  • metsheart
Not sure about that. We'll see. Hope you're right!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • vbch

http://mlb.si.com/2012/11/29/david-wright-mets-contract-extension/

It's not uncommon to have deferred money as part of these deals. Other players on other teams are getting some of their money deferred as well.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • metsheart
I've no doubt it's true that players on other teams defer $$$ as part of deal. But not my point.

My point was we don't know WHAT David was upset about. Point was David might've been upset about deferring $$$. Or might've been upset about AMOUNT to be deferred. Or might've been upset that report of Mets asking him to defer $$$ was totally FALSE. Or might've been upset at "reports" agreement was imminent. Or might've been upset about something else entirely. No way to KNOW. No FACTS to go on!!! Just SPECULATING on ONE supposed "report" from unnamed "sources" in Daily News. Basically speculating on somebody else's speculation!!!

from mlb article you posted:

"The exact structure of the deal, which would cover Wright’s age 30-37 seasons, is unknown"

That's it in a nutshell!!
  • Reply to this Message