• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Jason Bourgeois DFA
  • To:All
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
He's a minor league FA who didn't really play much with KC last year. He could be the CF & leadoff. In 2011 with Houston he replaced Michael Bourn and hit .294 with 31 SB. He has been around AAA circuit, but he is low cost / high reward.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • rangers61134465
good idea
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
Thank you! I play fantasy baseball and watch & tape alot of baseball so I know where to find the players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • DFAB
worth and invite....seems like that's all the owners are willing to though....sign a bunch of CHEAP guys and PRAY they become Babe Ruth/Cy Young..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30

I know that I have to stay within their $.99 budget so I am trying to direct them to some real bargains.
I picked him up on my fantasy team after Michael Bourn was traded to Atlanta for some stolen bases.
He can leadoff, play center field, steal some bases, and work for the minimum wage.

Wilpons should jump him before someone else out prices him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
You would think the deep front office would be doing the same, but I have not seen much happening from them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • AdrianMonk

I'd rather not have a DFA-ed player in the way of Matt dD. There must be something wrong with him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
He looked good in 2011. He hardly played in 2012. He will be picked up by someone as a bench player, but he could start in CF and leadoff for the Mets. So it is his best opportunity to show if he is an everyday player or only a bench player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
KC is loaded in the OF unlike the Mets who are unloaded.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
Beggars can't be too choosy now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • DFAB
well...our front office COULD be amazing IF the owners were committed to winning...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
What exactly does the front office do?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30

The team has no starting OF & no starting C, can't decide who to trade & with whom.
Why did they draft high school players knowing how barren the upper levels of the farm system were?

Sandy seems more like a Public Relations guy than a GM to me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • DFAB
They are limited by what the owners allow them to do. It's kind of like those chips that limits a car's top speed (i.e 100mph). It COULD go well over 100mph, but with that chip in the way...it can't....and that's what the wilpons are. They are the brick wall that separates a losing team from a winning team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • robrock30
It seems that they are more or less a buffer to the owners who are having trouble staying afloat & making decisions.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • gomets66
might as well just skip 2013 if this is the type of player that would start on the mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld
...Start? He would immediately become the best OF the team has.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • 4545_ajd
I would take Kirk over Bourgeois.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/23/12
  • eastvisitr
Kirk has to stop the 200 strikeout pace first. He plays the game hard but the k's are a real problem. Bourgeois is worth an invite. The outfield will stink regardless might as well have guys who can run.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/24/12
  • robrock30
They can be platooned or rotated based upon who is hot.
  • Reply to this Message