• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sandy cracking jokes about the garbage outfield
  • To:All
  • 11/8/12
  • KB24NYM

The same garbage outfield that HE assembled.

I'm sick of his sarcastic, bitter humor. Its his fault there is 0 talent in the OF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • jgrangers2
It's his fault? How? No money to sign anyone and he came in with a barren farm system. How is the poor outfield production his fault?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • KB24NYM

Who told him to ship Pagan to SF for Torres and what-his-name?

Who told him not to sign Cespedes with the money he gave Pelfrey? Or Ross?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • thebobymon
Was it a knock-knock joke?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • jgrangers2
You can play that game with anyone. The Mets needed relievers in the worst way. Ramirez had a 4-year track record of being a solid reliever. The trade was fine because it was supposed to sure up the bullpen. Torres stunk, but the trade was made to get a very low-cost player to fill a huge need. As for Cespedes, I doubt he wanted to spend what little money he had on a guy with no track record in America, especially for a long-term deal. And Cody Ross is basically Scott Hairston. As for spending that money on Pelfrey, our rotation wasn't exactly stellar coming into the year. We had one guy in the rotation who we could honestly rely on to start every fifth day (Dickey). Outside of that, Niese and Gee had yet to pitch a full season and Santana was coming off surgery. Pelfrey was just a guy who had been reliable for 30+ starts. And that was important on a team like this.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/8/12
  • bbjmparis
There is no way to tell if Sandy is a good or bad GM. To be able to tell you need owners who actually want to win. The Wilpons want a AAA Team they can charge major league prices for. Sandy gave them what they wanted. That's what you do for the guy who signs your paycheck. Blame Fred and Jeff.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545215.7 was deleted
  • 11/8/12
  • edmet
yeah we needed to sign cespedes, didn't even scout him i bet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • fnatic10
Pagan was terrible in 2011, so I can't kill Sandy for dealing him. Plus, most of us wanted him gone anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

"Who told him to ship Pagan to SF for Torres and what-his-name?

Who told him not to sign Cespedes with the money he gave Pelfrey? Or Ross?"

Very good points. You don't trade your CF for a pen guy and a scrub, and Cespedes was worth the chance. We paid Pelfrey instead.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

"You can play that game with anyone. The Mets needed relievers in the worst way."

I guess they never got them. Sandy failed to fix the pen and made the OF worse. You can make excuses, but the results were the results.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

"Pagan was terrible in 2011, so I can't kill Sandy for dealing him."

You allow a promising CF who has played well for you ONE down year, no? We gave Bay three! Pagan's worst season was on par with Torres' best.

"Plus, most of us wanted him gone anyway."

Not I.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • ExileMetsFan

"he came in with a barren farm system. "

Sorry man, but that's not true.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • mhorkai

" "Pagan was terrible in 2011, so I can't kill Sandy for dealing him." "

You allow a promising CF who has played well for you ONE down year, no? We gave Bay three! Pagan's worst season was on par with Torres' best.

" "Plus, most of us wanted him gone anyway." "

" Not I. "

Nor I too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • jgrangers2
It pretty much is. How many top tier level prospects did Sandy inherit? Flores, Mejia and Harvey was the entire system. Guys like Duda, Kirk and Valdespin are hardly prospects. Every system has borderline major leaguers like that. They're complementary players at best. Where are the middle of the order bats? The top of the rotation studs? There was almost none of that in the system.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • ExileMetsFan

Teams aren't built on all top prospects. Winning teams have a core of stars, and generally everyone else is a complementary player.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • jgrangers2
Have you looked at the A's roster? There isn't a single big ticket free agent on it with the exception of Cespedes. That entire team is essentially small ticket players that have worked out. They dismantled their rotation last offseason only to build an even better one led by the guys they got back for trading Gonzalez and Cahill. The closest thing they have to a household name is Bartolo Colon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • bbyjean616
Yes but there are about five people left who refuse to simply admit this team did anything wrong. Its us downers that just dont understand baseball and all this failure is part of a master plan we're too stupid to understand
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

"Yes but there are about five people left who refuse to simply admit this team did anything wrong. Its us downers that just dont understand baseball and all this failure is part of a master plan we're too stupid to understand"

LOL, ya know?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • bbyjean616
Well its down to five or six guys now Gov..... but it seems like once voice..... hmmmmmm Must get painful with all those slaps on each others backs
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
What does 14 mil+11mil +7 1/2mil =?
Latest by gatorupset - 11:44 PM
Good road trip
Latest by nym3120 - 11:44 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by nym3120 - 11:33 PM
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by almandareo357 - 11:31 PM
Mets 10 Game Home Stand Predictions
Latest by nym3120 - 11:29 PM
Beer
Latest by thatsrightthemets - 11:27 PM
FRENCHY PUNKED BAD!
Latest by marvelousmarvin - 11:16 PM
Cubs
Latest by gatorupset - 11:13 PM
Valverde
Latest by gatorupset - 11:11 PM
Best Starting Lineup with Everyone Healthy