• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• LOL YANKS CANT AFFORD UPTONS CONTRACT
  • To:All
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012

Sherman points out that the Yankees intend to continue cutting payroll and Upton is likely out of their budget.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOLOLOL

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • metsheart
Gotta LOVE it!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
Sure do:>)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • hopper15
Smart decision avoiding big spending this winter. Cano is going to demand a huge payday soon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • metrebel

>> Sherman points out that the Yankees intend to continue cutting payroll and Upton is likely out of their budget.

I think they can afford it. They just want to cut payroll. I'm sure they are going to want to resign Cano and that's going to take some money.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • mobeen
They had made it pretty clear that they want to get below the luxury tax in 2 years. I think they want to be at $189 mil. One thing we know for sure, at any time they can go out and buy any player. I hope that changes gauging from the 100's of empty seats behind home plate.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Kranesback
It's a face saving move. Upton wants to be a Phillie.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
But to hear the mighty free spending Yanks cant afford someone is just funny.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
Well when the mets want to cut payroll they are viewed as not being able to afford anyone so .....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
Have they had a lot of seats go unsold?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
How do you know that? Is that coming from the same place as FF having been pulled alot thus avoiding blown saves?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Metsbert
They should give arod the same kind of deal the Mets gave Bay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
Payrod would just laugh at them he has so much coming to him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Kranesback
How many professional baseball people (front office, retired players, broadcasters, other media) do you talk baseball with?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • almandareo357
That's impossible. I will believe it when they DONT sign Hamilton for $180 million.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • metrebel

>> Well when the mets want to cut payroll they are viewed as not being able to afford anyone so .....

They had to cut payroll. The team generates revenue, but not enough to pay the team's debt.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • saztastic2012
I read, How many do you?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • saztastic2012
I guess time will tell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • saztastic2012
True
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • Kranesback
Through my AA network, I speak pretty regularly with two retired players, three writers/broadcasters, a couple of scouts, and someone who works for the organization, but not in player personnel. One of my best friends also has a son who dates one of the Mets on air personalities who I run into occasionally at social functions.
  • Reply to this Message