• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bay Gone? WOOOOOOOOOOO!
Message 545199.1 was deleted
  • 11/7/12
  • acoustic26
He could possibly been the worst signing the Mets ever signed along with Carlos Barega and Roberto Alomar. All Star players who did not achieve while playing in N.Y.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • 86kid

There is no reason for there to be any ill feelings toward Bay. The guy busted his butt every day he was here. The results were not there, but I can never trash a guy that way if he's at least giving 100% effort.

These last three years were as hard on Jason, ad it was on fans and Mets management. For a true professional like that, collecting those game checks didn't apease his anguish over being a failure here. I wish him well and hope he bounces back, at least to some degree.

As Ricco and Bay said, I think this was a very good idea that works for both sides, and resolves what wasa very distastely situation. Both sides can move on now.

Well done by Sandy. Gives a little more payroll breathing room over the next couple of years. Plus it takes some of the stink of death off the team.... Bay is a great guy, but having him on the team as a failure, was like having a black cloud following us around.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • ExileMetsFan

" I'd have loved to have seen him dumped unceremoniously, but "

What does that MEAN, specifically?

I'm glad that they spread the cost over a few years so that he's not quite the albatross he was. MAYBE with that payroll flexibility, they can keep Wright, or at least start building the team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • jt28da
so do you feel bad for Arod too? At the end of the day its all about results. It could be said that Slappy Castillo gave his all for the team too, and his injuries slowed him, and he still put up better numbers than Bay ever did as a Met. I didn't see too many posts saying how he's such a great guy... Bay could be the nicest guy anyone has ever met, but if he can't hit, and his defense was shaky at best, then he's gotta go... Go be the nice guy for some other team for which he'll probably succeed, but after what he did here, even if he's the nicest guy to ever put on a uni, he'll be on most Met fans top 10 hated list.... I know he's on mine!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • 86kid

Yeah, I know the results weren't there... which is why I wrote the results weren't there and it was best he move on.

Comparing him to ARod is just absurd.

As for being on someone's most hated list... I feel bad for someone with that warped perceptive on life. I have better things to do than expend energy hating a guy for not hitting a baseball 3 times out of each 10 at-bats.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • fargol

"even if he's the nicest guy to ever put on a uni, he'll be on most Met fans top 10 hated list.... I know he's on mine!!! "

LOL wow. I bet you're a real fun person to be around.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • BigTon
Jason Bay wasn't a bad sign.Before joining the Mets he was producing.It was a good sign that went bad.And you can't blame it on the scouts either.I think everything went down hill for Bay after the concussion and you can't expect any scout to see that coming.

Edited 11/8/12   by  BigTon
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • JoseJose
How does anyone know he gave 100%? To go from a great hitter with power to the THE worst hitter our team has EVER had hints at the fact that at some level he took his big payday and relaxed. The big payday and COMPLETE lack of production is cause to speculate that he dogged it. I saw no cause to speculate that he busted it consistently in practice, training, etc. I can't defend the worst hitter we ever had - it's not like he was just bad, he was putrid. I am glad to see him go and I think he basically stole a bunch of Fred's money.
  • Reply to this Message