• To:All
  • 11/7/12
  • dejavu1

Could we pull something like that off?

Maybe this is the return of Pagan?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • edmet
that would be cool. flores duda mejjia? how about dickey straight up?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • dejavu1
Dickey straight up dude? Cmon, his value is much higher and we can get Upton for other parts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • edmet
dickey is in his walk yr and 38yrs old. upton is signed i think for an other 4 yrs for reasonable money (especially when you subtract dickeys $). but if you can make the deal and keep dickey and niese fine. i am afraid snakes will want niese and i would rather trade dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB
a package starting with Flores and Familia would be ideal. Start with that and give a list to Arizona of 2 more they can chose from.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Kranesback
Flores will not b traded...Wright will be gone by Christmas.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • gomets66

a package starting with Flores and Familia would be ideal. Start with that and give a list to Arizona of 2 more they can chose from. >>>>

unless harvey or wheeler or niese is on the list, doubt mets outbid one of the other many teams that have interest.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB
NONE of those 3 will be included in an Upton trade...he will go to another team and play well for them
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • TheChosen1

>>Maybe this is the return of Pagan?<<

I think that if we somehow get Justin Upton, BJ Upton will be signed to play CF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB
That would be my personal dream scenario...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • TheChosen1
And their childhood 'neighbor', David Wright, will be sticking around also.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB
I think they would all tie into each other as far as willingness to sign/extend here. Trade for Justin first. This may lure BJ here as well. Once we have both of them, that would show Wright that we are committed to WINNING and it would be with his lifelong friends.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • TheChosen1
Sounds like a great plan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • ExileMetsFan
That would be stupid. This team is rebuilding. We need to trade big contracts for prospects, not the other way around
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • dejavu1
Spare parts though. Flores has no position. Familia is a bullpen arm, assuming the other 2 prospects are mid level too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • ExileMetsFan
This team has a TON of holes, including the BP. If they trade a prospect, it should be for OTHER PROSPECTS that are blocked in their respective organization(s).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • jt28da

That would be stupid. This team is rebuilding. We need to trade big contracts for prospects, not the other way around

I completely disagree... BJ is 28 and Justin is 24. Why get prospects, when you could get OFers that could be here for the next 7 to 10 years??? Reshuffling is a better term. IF this is even close to being a reality the Mets HAVE to jump at it. They'd be hugely stupid not too...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • dejavu1
Gotta wonder why the Dbacks are even considering trading Justin too tho and why this isn't the first time he's been on the trade block. They must think he has character issues or something. Huge red flag.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

When it comes to Justin, yes you're right. He's the kind of guy you want long term.

Hopefully last year was an aberration... Because what he did the season before that was truly special.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • ExileMetsFan

"I completely disagree... BJ is 28 and Justin is 24. Why get prospects, when you could get OFers that could be here for the next 7 to 10 years??? Reshuffling is a better term. IF this is even close to being a reality the Mets HAVE to jump at it. They'd be hugely stupid not too...
"

Because by the time this team is worth anything, he'll be gone to free agency.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Beautiful play!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:10 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by ewok54 - 12:10 PM
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM