• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• DBACKS ACTIVE IN TRADING UPTON GOTTA WONDER IF BAY GETTING C
  • To:All
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
Cut now was to freee uo money to add an Upton?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • nextyearm
bingo. stay tuned. talks with upton heating up today apparently
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
Yup, Here comes the offseason.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Kranesback
Looks like Wright may end up in Arizona...they need a third baseman...wonder if it will be straight up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld
As long as it's Wright for Upton+... Then I wouldn't be opposed to it, assuming that plus is something special too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB
well the would MAKE SENSE and would in fact benefit the TEAM...so I'll have to see it to believe it. If we get Upton for a reasonable price, we are headed in the right direction.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB

"Looks like Wright may end up in Arizona...they need a third baseman...wonder if it will be straight up."

That would be a TERRIBLE trade for us. We don't need a lateral move that would actually DOWNGRADE our offense. We need to ADD Upton to the lineup that already has Wright, Ike, etc....NOT trade what few productive bats we have for other ones...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Kranesback
Don't expect much more...there will be about a half dozen teams we'll be competing with.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • murphstates
Upton also has a limited no trade clause and we don't know if the Mets are on the list. Now it's been reported the D-Backs are listening to offers for Trevor Bauer too. I'd love to get both.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Kranesback
As bad as our outfield is,at least we have some legitimate prospects that are about a year or so away. We will not improve at all if Thole is our catcher and Francisco is our closer next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012

I love Wright and think we can build around him however Upton plus a major league ready prospect for Wright would have to be considered it also free's up 17 Mill or so to add to this coming years team.

I love Wright but people forget Wright tanked the second half of the year. While his HRS did not take a hit his AVG did, He hit just 258 in the second half, He also struck out 18 more times in 31 less ABS, Now that can be the fault of the whole team tanking and him pressing but......

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
Agreed, Time will tell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
Keep in mind that move would free up 17 Mill - whatever Upton is making, Not sure his contract but maybe its 7 to 9 Mill? That would allow us to add additional pieces, And we would ahve Upton for far less then Wright for a number of years to come, Also if it were Upton + that + could bring back something as well.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • DFAB
his contract is 9.75m next year and 14m after that...doesn't really free up a ton of money. This team is going to have to spend money if it wants to be competitive and STAY competitive...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Kranesback
I can't believe I almost agree with you...only issue I have is that I think we need a catcher and a closer back for Wright. We have outfield prospects, but no catching prospects. ..and I think it's relatively rare for a rookie to come in and become an effective closer from day 1.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
Well it free's up 7 this year which is another whole player or two and next year it free's up 5 mill or so, But I rather keep Wright.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012

Keep in mind the money we free up could be used to sign or trade for such a player, I think they are sticking with FF as far as closing out games, He really was not bad, His ERA was inflated but alot of that came in a few blow out games.

In trational save chances he was very good it was non save and non traditional save chances that he had trouble not allowing a bunch of runs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Kranesback
Francisco closing = 4th place if we're lucky.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545183.19 was deleted
  • 11/8/12
  • saztastic2012
See there is ZERO to support what you are saying, According to ESPN he has 23 saves and just 3 blown saves, So he has gotten the job done dispite the high ERA.
  • Reply to this Message