• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• WOULD YOU BE HAPPY WITH UPTON, MELKY AND DUDA?
  • To:All
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
That would be a major improvement over the mess we had this past year no?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • nextyearm
absoloutly
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • nextyearm
thats justin upton right ?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Matt H

Would love that outfield. Would even take Kirk in left if we had to.

The only thing now is creating a trade for Upton. Jon Niese and ???, I would not give up Tejeda and Niese because that would create 2 holes.

Melky, 1 year, 4 million

Bay's contract is now deferred from what I hear, so these moves seem possible if we can get the Upton deal done.

Just need to get another reliever and possibly a new catcher. Wish we would go after AJ, just back load his second year. Since Santana's contract will be gone after this season.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012

Yes, Might cost us neise but if we resigned Dickey we can afford losing him, Then sign Melky

Justin
Murph
Wright
Ike
Melky
Duda
Tejada
Catcher

Dickey
Santana
Harvey
Gee
Pelf? MC Hugh ETC

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
Neise stright up no need to give up more.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • nextyearm
Aparently the Dbacks are in "active discussions" reported mlbtraderumors.com today. Hopefully the Mets cutting Bay is the start of a potential deal in the works! *fingers crossed*
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
The timming is just right.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • metsicle
I'll assume you mean Justin Upton. And depending on how much they gave up to get him, yeah that is potentially a very good OF. it's at the very least a MLB OF, which is about a billion times better than the crud we threw out there last year (Hairston & Baxter aren't crud)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • metsheart
"Might cost us neise but if we resigned Dickey we can afford losing him"

No we CAN'T!!

MLB proven young (just turned 25 Oct. 27) LH SP w/reasonable contract doesn't grow on trees!!!

Mets got another lefty as good as Niese ready for The Show??

Niese NOT the kind of guy you TRADE. Niese is 1 of the guys to BUILD around!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trade any combo of 3 (or 4) of Familia/ Mejia/ Flores/ Tejada/ Duda/ Murphy/ Turner & get young ML OF or C and/ or couple of decent AAA prospects (or at least AA).

Sign 26 yr old minor league FA/ RH C Juan Apodaca & 27 yr old FA/ 2B, SS, 3B Pedro Ciriaco (even played a few gms in LF for BOS!). Ciriaco steals bases & RH bat. Hit .293 in 2012.

Maybe sign another FA BP arm? 2?

Mets can get what they need NOT trading Niese!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • KB24NYM

Ideally I say we keep NIESE, sign MELKY, trade DICKEY to the Royals for GORDON, and call it a WRAP

GORDON-MELKY-DUDA OF = NOT TO F'N SHABBY

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • 58pwrhtr

who's playing center in that lineup? None of those 3 are CF any more. Melky looked like he had less range than Duda last season. He isnt as slender and speedy as he was before the roids. He's a corner outfielder now.

I would also prefer anyone but Duda. Duda should be a PH or DH. Either Kirk in Center or some low budget FA. I would even gulp and say Torres in Center.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB
Hopefully...OR it could just be cost cutting as usual. Let's hope the Mets actually do something to improve the TEAM....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
It would cost us Neise but we would resign Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
Well if we want Upton it would cost Neise but I know he has great value.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
Fair enough.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
What about Brentz? I like the guy he can come cheap
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • metsicle

well i think the club is going to resign dickey anyway.

As for dealing Niese, of course I'd rather not. But to get a player as good as Justin Upton, Niese should be made available. He's a fine young pitcher, signed to a very team friendly deal. But Upton is a very good player that would immediately become our 2nd best player/part of our core for years to come.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • metsheart
Upton NOT worth Niese!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • DFAB
I'm probably the biggest Justin Upton supporter here but NO WAY do I trade Niese for him...we can package Flores, Familia, and add a couple more pieces to suit their desires...
  • Reply to this Message