• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Should have traded Bay
  • To:All
  • 11/7/12
  • alex6633

It's amazing how this front office operates. There's a dozen+ teams that would have taken Bay for free for a prospect or two if you're going to pay the contract. And then you can control where he ends up. Now, he's going to have a ton of value on the open market and he could wind up within the division at league minimum salary.

The way this team just throws away players like Bay and Fmart and is not efficient or patient.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • metsfansince89
bay wouldn't of gotten us anything. we would get nothing in return...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Moses0507
If you Truly Believe that, you aren't a very smart person.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • joemets22

Dude have you seen Bay play for this team for the last 3 years?

I'm not Sandy's biggest fan but nobody could have or would have gotten anything for this piece of trash.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • alex6633
That's not right. With the Mets taking on all of the salary there would have been DOZENS of teams lining up to offer a prospect. Nothing elite, but at least they could have got a B level prospect for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Moses0507

" but at least they could have got a B level prospect for him."

Are you f'ing serious??

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • metsfansince89
he is i think. its sad
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • 4545_ajd
Trade Bay, That is Genius! Why didn't Sandy think of that! I guess it just never occurred to him...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • thebobymon

The dirty part is no one told Bay yet, he still suffering symptoms from the concussions.

Poor fella.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • alex6633

Absolutely serious. You don't think a DOZEN teams wouldn't dump some meaningless second tier prospect to take a chance on JASON BAY if he was FREE? EVERY team in contention from the Yankees to the Nationals would be in on that.

Jason Bay was awful with the Mets. That doesn't mean Jason Bay is awful or would be awful somewhere else.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • fargol

"You don't think a DOZEN teams wouldn't dump some meaningless second tier prospect to take a chance on JASON BAY if he was FREE?"

Actually, no, I don't think so.

And what makes you think SA didn't try?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Moses0507

Not 1-team would trade a prospect to the Mets for Jason Bay.

The Mets wouldn't be willing to pay Bay's entire contract, if they weren't willing to Cut him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • rangers61134465
the payroll relief is better than a b level prospect?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • alex6633
I don't think he did try. Just like with Fmart. He just gives Fmart away the same way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • alex6633
You're not understanding. If the Mets are willing to cut him then they're willing also to take on his FULL salary. So in the trade market he's valuable then. Jason Bay is a VERY valuable commodity on the trade market without the contract.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • 4545_ajd

" Jason Bay is a VERY valuable commodity on the trade market without the contract. "

No he isn't.

If they traded him they would have had to pay his entire salary this year, instead of freeing up payroll for this year to make some moves. I prefer that a lot more than whatever B C prospect you could have gotten for him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Gepett0

you're an idiot....he DID try...he tried for the past 2 years....no one bought in....details havent been revealed but my guess is that this negotiation centered on cutting out the option...i would guess that, while he will earn all of his 2013 salary, we will not have to pay the buyout on the option

the MOST you could get for a guy like bay is a chris schwinden-would-likely-be-available-off-waivers-at-some-point-anyway type player

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • metsheart
"There's a dozen+ teams that would have taken Bay for free for a prospect or two if you're going to pay the contract."

Please get help for your OBVIOUS drug problem.

http://www.crackcocaineaddictiontreatment.com/new_york_crack_cocaine_addiction.htm
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • fargol

"I don't think he did try. '

What leads you to believe that?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • 4545_ajd
He is getting the option and all the money owed to him this year, but the Mets will not have to pay interest or annuity on the money they defer.
  • Reply to this Message