• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• All quiet on the GOP front...
  • To:All
  • 11/7/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...I wonder why?...where did they all go?...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • METMAINEAC

One guy basically cried today at work. I guess thats how I kinda felt in 2004.

But yeah, saving the "where are your stupid snarky snopes e-mails today" e-mail for the end of the day to these people. I was thinking the same thing.

I think i'll ask them to snope last nights results as well.

You'll like this. http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/11/the-best-gifs-and-images-from-election-night/#page/1

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...when in doubt, snope-it!...can't see all the pics here at work but I see and like the "Did You Hear?" one...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • melloca
They all probably suffered from the same stroke that Karl Rove had on Fixed News last night when Robmey was beat last night and also Tea Party Nut Wing Alan West was also defeated
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • pork_chops

Your word means nothing..

Your flag says so

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Kranesback
???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • texccandaj
There are a lot of confederate flags flying at 1/2 mast today.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Haldane

There are two problems I see with Obama's victory:

1.) The GOP doesn't get it - they believe the reason Romnoid lost was because he ran an incompetent campaign and he was stabbed in the back by Gov. Christie. They seem to ignore the fact that women overwhelming voted against R & R - because of their misogynyst views, particularly reproductive rights.

2.) Since the GOP can't see any reason to alter it's ridiculous philosophies, it will be back at work stonewalling Obama and the nation tomorrow.

Obama will probably still try desperately to form some bipartisan coalition to get something done - but I have little hope of that tactic succeeding. So we'll be left once again with a hopelessly grid locked government with no hope of compromise in sight - just the way the powers that be want it!

Once again we see that republicans and democrats can't solve the problem because they are the problem!

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • govmule72

"They all probably suffered from the same stroke that Karl Rove had on Fixed News last night when Robmey was beat last night and also Tea Party Nut Wing Alan West was also defeated"

Not to mention Tammy Duckworth, a double amputee wounded while serving in a U.S. Army helicopter, beating deadbeat dad, Joe Walsh.

Then there's the <rape gang - Todd Akin, Richard Mourdoch, Tom Smith, Roger Rivard, John Koster, and the others.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • govmule72

"There are two problems I see with Obama's victory:

1.) The GOP doesn't get it - they believe the reason Romnoid lost was because he ran an incompetent campaign and he was stabbed in the back by Gov. Christie. They seem to ignore the fact that women overwhelming voted against R & R - because of their misogynyst views, particularly reproductive rights.

2.) Since the GOP can't see any reason to alter it's ridiculous philosophies, it will be back at work stonewalling Obama and the nation tomorrow.

Obama will probably still try desperately to form some bipartisan coalition to get something done - but I have little hope of that tactic succeeding. So we'll be left once again with a hopelessly grid locked government with no hope of compromise in sight - just the way the powers that be want it!

Once again we see that republicans and democrats can't solve the problem because they are the problem!"

Wait, you write all that and then say BOTH parties are the problem?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...your candidate lost...
...YOU are nothing...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Bud Bottle

"All quiet on the GOP front..."

We're licking our wounds. It was a very tough defeat that is hard to swallow. Right now, we are out numbered by citizens that, we feel, have the wrong vision and ideas for this country.

At least the house is still intact. Hopefully they will be successful in NOT allowing any FAR LEFT plans like putting 800 Billion on my kids credit card to "save the nation"

Yes, you have given us a thorough butt kicking this time around. But we are not going away. We are not quitting just because we are out numbered by few million people right now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • hammr1952
you summed it up well. +1
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...hitting that bottle a little hard there, huh bud?...I can picture you crying like in the "leave Lindsey alone" video...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...actually the sum was: Obama - 4 more years, the GOP - a big fat zero...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Kranesback
President Obama has one huge bargaining chip in that it's likely he'll be able to name 3 Supreme Court justices this term and has a democratic majority in the senate.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • METMAINEAC
"Brittany".
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Bud Bottle

"...actually the sum was: Obama - 4 more years, the GOP - a big fat zero... "

That's right. You got the result you wanted.

The only positive I can think of is at least it's Obama leading the left and not an actual leader, or experienced negotiator, or deal maker. I think we can be pretty confident that he doesn't have the ability to unite a divided gov't and convince them to go along with any destructive plans that these super, smarter than us, central planners have for us. You know, like taking over our healthcare industry or giving a trillion dollars of our money to who ever they decide is worthy.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...lindsey, brittney...same tramps...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...still reading from the right-wing manifesto, I see...
  • Reply to this Message