Yes!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • ExileMetsFan
H E L L YES!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • KB24NYM
Please god Yes...I hope I live to see the Mets under new ownership...death to the Wilpon reign
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
From a fan's perspective Yes, from a business perspective no.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/5/12
  • deviljuice
Obv. Yes
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • Remember86

Yes. And to those who say, well, we could get worse ones. Sure, we could. But we know what we have. We've seen for 25 years how poorly they've run the team. 25 years is a large enough sample size for me to say, they aren't going to change and this isn't acceptable. It could get worse, but it COULD get better. And the only way we know this will happen is if they sold the team.

Of course, polls could be run from now until the end of time, and it won't do anything. Unfortunately, this isn't some tv show poll about favorite couple. When the Wilpons feel like selling, they will. Until that time, we're stuck with them. UGH!

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • thebobymon
No.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • DFAB
If only they would actually LISTEN to the fans and impro...LOL, sorry...couldn't finish that with a straight face
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • ddiscostu
Does Howdy Doody got wooden balls ? Not a question of should but WHEN !
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • robedits
I can't imagine ANYone who would think otherwise,except for the Wilponzis, Saul Katz, and their buddy Selig.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • fargol
Sure, but as long as were wishing for something that won't happen for a while, you might as well add the qualifier " ... sell to owners who are far less inept at running a team".
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • metsheart
"No."

Agree. After Fred dies he should run Mets via Ouija board/ psychic medium from wherever he winds up.

LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • johnyringo
That makes no sense....its the fans who will determine how sucessfull the buisness it...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • saztastic2012

While that is true with the exception of this board most Met fans think the team is going in the right direction and for fans like myself that is all I care about, I dont really care who owns the team as long as they are playing winning baseball.

That said there is ZERO Chance they sell so it is all moot.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • johnyringo
Most Met fans are completey disgusted with the Mets at this time......end of story
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012

Well according to polls ran of fans that is not really the case, I am not happy with the situation and if the Wilpons sold today as long as the new owners raised the budget I would be happy HOWEVER! I understand the Wilpons have NOT earned the cheap title you and so many have labled them with, The mets payroll has been one of the highest for the last decade but due to some bad player moves (not their fault) the level of play has not been on the level of the payroll, As a result people have not gone to the games and the Wilpons have lost lots of money,

It is easy to sit behind a computer and hate but when was the last game you went to?

Keep in mind a 100 Million dollar payroll while down from where it has been and not enough to to Bay and Santana's contract to bring any top FA in is not a low payroll and that is what you people seem to forget.

There were 13 teams with a higher payroll and 16 with a lower payroll this year which was a transition year, Also of the 13 teams with higher payrolls 4 of which were within 4 mill of the Mets, So teh cheap title is unearned, And why are they bad owners now? I understand they use to meddle in the running of the team in years past but what have they done to earn your hate?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • johnyringo

1 - I havent labeled them "cheap" but i do think they have left the team "unfinished" even when they tried to spend.

2 - I still go to games and buy merchandise...I saw them play the marlins this year...jose lead off with a HR and the Mets lost 12-2...it was like morgure there..

3 - I currently hate the wilpons for hedging the 2012 season by slashing the payroll and making it impossible to win or lose alot on the field and in the bottom line...they took themselves and their team out of game to buy time

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012

How did they leave it unfinished? Omar and the GMs before him did that, As far as slashing payroll I hear you and I wish they would bite the bullet, I actually agree they should but I also understand they are a business and there comes a point where an owner of a business just can not lose anymore money.

You need to understand the level of play has not be equale to the pay level and has resulted in millions in lost revenues each year.

Think if you were the owners and not as a fan and you might be able to understand their thinking and understand why they can not keep throwing money out the window, We are fans and want a winner they too want a winner but also own the team to make money.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • johnyringo

I disagree, slashing the payroll was a bad strategy from a buisness perspective....it made it imposible to make money.....I acknowledge that it also made it impossible to loss alot too...

BB left side of road... okay
BB right side of road ....okay
BB middle of road....squash...jsut like grape

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • saztastic2012
No it was bad from a fansd point of view, How much more would they have brought in had they added one big time FA?
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Joey Gallo
Latest by thebobymon - 6:52 AM
All Kirk does is swing and miss
Latest by sb51 - 6:51 AM
Duda on pace for 31hr
Latest by joebatboy03 - 6:47 AM
Random Letters Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:46 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:44 AM