• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• MLBTR: Mets Lose Wright & Dickey, Gain Cody Ross
  • To:All
  • 11/4/12
  • CHOOin2014

You're telling me we might end up trading BOTH David Wright and R.A. Dickey and replacing them with the awe-inspiring Cody Ross (whose numbers were incredibly inflated by the Green Monster **cough** **cough** Jason Bay **cough** **cough**)?!?!

Shut up and take my money, Wilpons. I am so buying season tickets this upcoming season!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • 4545_ajd
The post just said they would free up payroll if they traded one or both of them, which I don't think anybody really needed to be clarified on.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545136.3 was deleted
  • 11/4/12
  • AdrianMonk

The point is to hit rock bottom. Only then can we draft some real stars.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • thebobymon
Finally a voice of reason.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • abbymart
Jason Bay has been an incredible flop and I don't think we'll ever know what the deal with him is. But it takes about 15 seconds to look at his splits with Boston to see that "cough, cough" he hit almost the SAME at Fenway as he did elsewhere. So, try again. THAT is NOT the answer as to why he has been such a enormous failure for us

Edited 11/5/12   by  abbymart
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • 86kid
Sometimes there just is no explaining why a star player like that suddenly loses it. It just happens.
The guy's resume was about as consistant as it gets during his career - both in Pittsburg and in a harsh baseball city like Boston. Just no logical reason for him to fall so far so fast.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545136.8 was deleted
  • 11/5/12
  • abbymart
I know the players union would go ballistic, but I'd love for an organization that had compelling evidence that they signed a player based on the numbers he had produced while taking PED's to try and void the contract. Why not?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • DFAB
The players union was allowed to get WAY too strong....and the fact that they would have a problem with a clause in a contract that would void it if the player CHEATED is a prime example of such. If you CHEAT, you don't deserve the money....plain and simple....but since the MLBPA is the congress of GOD, they are invincible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Not like this... I don't think I've ever seen anyone at his age fail so spectacularly. He may very well be the worst contract ever given by this franchise.

At least the team ate Ollie's contract, and it wasn't for nearly as much.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • ExileMetsFan
At this point, they SHOULD trade them, because they aren't going to retain either long term (in all likelihood). Better to get some talent back
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Even if they do, I don't see the point.

We don't know how much time R.A. has left, and Wright will waste his best years on an incomplete (putting it nicely) team.

We know what has to be done. The question is, will Alderson get the go-ahead to do it?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • ExileMetsFan
I fear that this will be botched the way Reyes was. They'll both leave, we'll get nothing for it, because ownership doesn't have to balls to do either of the correct moves (sign them long-term, OR trade them)
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545136.15 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • ExileMetsFan

Hey, I was wrong. So what? I have ZERO problem admitting it.

Are you never wrong? Does being wrong on this mean I'll always be wrong in the future? Did I lose anything?

I'm glad to be wrong in this instance. Maybe there will be some more hope for the future.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • gomets66
i would just be happy at this point if they upgraded the team for 2013. i hope by 2015 team starts to be consistently competitive.
  • Reply to this Message