• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Josh Hamilton asking price ....
  • To:All
  • 11/4/12
  • metthunder

from MLB Trade Rumors ......is said to be looking for a seven-year contract worth $175MM, tweets John Perrotto of Baseball Prospectus (h/t the Dallas Morning News).

guess Mets aren't getting him. He'll give Texas a chance to match. My gut tells me he's gonna fail a drug test.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • DFAB
he won't get that, unless there are CLEAR clauses in his contract that voids the contract if he fails ANY type of drug test...otherwise I can see a 4/100 type of deal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • metthunder
4/$100MM. those are the numbers Nolan Ryan is probably thinking.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • DFAB
yea...he is worth 25m/yr if he can stay clean....but the long term at that amount is very dangerous...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • dee31
For the kind of money he is going to ask for i agree even at 4/100 thats way to much money to not put that into his contract.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • Haldane
If the Mets can't afford Wright, they can't afford Hamilton. What the Mets really can't afford is for the Wilpons to continue to own the team!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • Kranesback
I don't think that's allowed under the CBA, but I could be wrong. I think both the Brewers and Tigers will come in at about 5/150 and whoever is first with a 6th year gets him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • metthunder
I just posted his supposed asking price, I didn't say the Mets would or even could get him. I wouldn't want him in NY
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • lllfxlll
if the mets were in a position to spend money (new owners) i dont think i would want hamilton.
i like him as a player, and nothing against him as a person but, he has too much baggage, injury prone, small in big situations, etc. id def pass on him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

He'll never get anywhere near that with his age and baggage.

Dreaming is nice, though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • archgraham
My guess is he'll sign with Yankees and regret it. This is no place for a guy overcoming those demons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • metthunder
Yanks are saying no, but I agree with you, maybe ARod can babysit him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/5/12
  • DFAB
no way does he get 30m/yr...unless it's a 2-3 yr contract...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • Kranesback
I meant 5/125....math <sucks.
  • Reply to this Message