Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• If I was Sandy the Off-season Would be Simple
  • To:All
  • 11/4/12
  • The5Wright5Way

Work a two year program

Extend David Wright at 18.5m per for the rest of his career

TRADE RA Dickey to the BoSox - they need pitchers, they have the money to resign him until whenever.
-Trade for Bryce Brentz, and Allen Webster

Wilmer Flores Plays in Las Vegas in LEFT FIELD

Trade Lucas Duda, Valdespin and Famelia for Shin Soo Choo then play him in CF

Sign Mike Napoli to a 4 year/50m contract (12.5m per)

2014 Lineup

1) Tejada (SS)
2) Murphy (2B)
3) Wright (3B)
4) Davis (1B)
5) Choo (CF)
6) Flores (LF)
7) Brentz (RF)
8) Napoli (C)

2014 Rotation

Harvey
Niese
Wheeler
Gee
Webster?/Fulmer?/Mejia?/Tapia?/Free agent?

STRONG BULLPEN

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • DFAB
yea...that WOULD be simple, IF the owners cared more about improving the team instead of saving $$$. That plan requires spending $$$, therefore is not in the wilpons "plans"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • The5Wright5Way
actually. The plan involves spending about 12m... Dickey and Choo's contract essentially cancel out. the only additional monetary commitment would be Napoli. We have 10m to spend. Spend it on him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • metthunder
I don't like Choo and Napoli isn't a full time catcher. OF choices aren't good, but Maldonado and Brewers or ? Napoli costs too much too. And I like the guy if this was 2005.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/4/12
  • DFAB
Any increase in payroll will be due to arb raises...we won't be getting ANY notable FAs....that is a FACT.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/6/12
  • edmet
i like trading for choo, he is a natural for mets. but i would stay away from napoli, choo will be expensive enuf. choo is a lefty, which isn't ideal unless he replaces duda another lefty. i would play choo in rf. choo is going to make around $7.5m which is more than the mets want to spend, but he is korean and will sell tickets in flushing which has a huge korean population. he will pay for himself and gives us a legit outfielder. but i agree, no way the mets pay for napoli. and napoli hit all those hr in hr happy arlington, not a good fit for mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • Kranesback
A lot of teams including the Yankees are interested in Napoli...don't be surprised if we end up with Martin behind the plate if they get him.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545134.8 was deleted
  • 11/7/12
  • Kranesback
The scary part is that the "experts" are saying Napoli and Martin will end up with very similar contracts, but a franchise with the outlook we have right now eliminates most FAs from even considering us.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/7/12
  • thebobymon
How can anything be simpler than doing nothing?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545134.11 was deleted