• Welcome Guest
Miami Marlins

Welcome to the Miami Marlins.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• David Samson: Behind the Mask
  • To:All
  • 3/7/12
  • gamedude7

This is what David Samson really thinks of the people of Miami and all of the loyal fans who have supported the Marlins since the beginning. You won't see Joe Frisaro reporting on this kiddies.

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/120308/story4.shtml

SAD DAY FOR THE MARLINS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/7/12
  • bajan997
He is right, the fans let him use their tax dollars and he is laughing all the way to the bank, it was so amazing after the stadium was built, the owners find money, a bunch of liars, don't blame him, blame the fans who would not take of the rose color glasses,
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/12
  • marlinblog

I think it's amazing how candid he was. I think it wasn't the best decision he could make. The team has been nothing but positive right now. Adding a negative light now is just awful.

http://marlinsblog.com/marlins-president-david-sampson-stirs-up-controversy/

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/12
  • underdog2006

Samson has always been an arrogant crude troll. He's shown nothing but contempt for the Marlins fans from the beginning. Several years ago at Fan Fest, he addressed long-time ticket owners and told them that they had never heard of the Marlins before he and Loria got here.

With the way they've backloaded some of these contracts, I'm hoping they plan to sell the team at the end of 2012. The team has to be more attractive and more valuable now that Loria and Samson conned the politicians in Miami-Dade out of the $600M for a stadium. If that happens, Loria could set his sites on his real goal - owning the Mets, who should be for sale after this season because of the Madoff mess.

Or they may be planning to do yet another fire sale after the season. Nothing would surprise me with these clowns.

The sad thing is that despite how awful Loria and Samson are, they're the best Marlin owners we've ever had.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/8/12
  • gamedude7

So your logic is that it's fine because he got away with it. Samson is an awful human being (if you can even call him one), and he deserves nothing but the worst in life.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/12
  • 305native

looks like he was misquoted.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/video/6823562-samsons-tale-of-the-tape/#.T1oeMndaIwR.email

expect a correction from the miami today. not from anyone else like the herald because they are a bunch of divisive tabloid journalists.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/12
  • gamedude7
Doesn't make him any less of an evil pos. As far as I'm concerned Loria & Samson can't get out of here fast enough. The only good news is that they'll probably sell the team after 3 years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/12
  • 305native
Just pointing out that the article was a misinterpretation of what was said. Perhaps he has earned the villain default, but in this case he said nothing wrong. Cannot wait for opening day. You going? Buy you a beer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/12
  • gamedude7
The misrepresentation was actually only of the "stupid" comment as I understand it. Many of the other comments he made were very inappropriate to say the least. Regardless, he will get of the hook because some reporter for miami today was reckless with the facts. I am torn between my love of the marlins and my immense hatred of this ownership. You better show up very early on opening day because parking will be a disaster of epic proportions.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/12
  • fshfanatic
He was right about one thing .... he's in the 1% of the real idiots of this world. What was he thinking?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/12
  • 305native

i was at all three games there. didn't have a single problem parking. the Herald, not surprising, misrepresented exactly how difficult it was to park...how far you have to walk...etc. There were certainly kinks but that is why you have soft openings. Did you go to one of those games and have a problem? In all seriousness I would like to know about it. I have a friend that works at the Parking Authority - they have the unfortunate task of managing that parking even though the Marlins/City owns the garages - and he is determined to make the parking experience as smooth as possible.

I am going to post a thread asking- thanks for giving me the idea.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/12
  • bajan997
It seems like you are the only one without a problem, their were many reports other than the herald report what a problem parking is, take off your marlins rose colour glasses.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/12
  • 305native
as a season ticket holder i had prepaid parking so it wasn't an issue for me - so no rose colored glasses, just fact. did you go to any games and experience problems? if so please relate them. i started a thread to document actual issues in the hopes of getting them addressed. am asking to get information about those who don't have that- they just get in their car and drive to the park.

Edited 3/10/12   by  305native
Edited 3/10/12   by  305native
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/12
  • gtrnol
I was there Wednesday night, and had no problems parking. Got into the NE parking garage from 7th and since I was there 1 hour and 15 minutes before game time (about 5:50) and was able to park on the second floor. I wanted to walk around a little before the game and see all around the promanade, pretty nice. I do know some people that tried the old "show up at game time" that had a problem getting a spot, since all the garages had filled up by 7. Guess it will be a shock to all the procrastinators that think arriving fashionably late is cool, to find out when you don't have an oversized field to park in (i.e. Joe Robbie, Proplayer, Landshark, etc) you might have to plan ahead a little. But, if you just want to whine about things, stay home, sit on your couch, wear your "old" Marlins gear and play GM like so many do on this site, and have a great year. Meanwhile, Go Marlins, and remember.....plan ahead, go early, and know not all will go smoothly if you are around "live" people.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 3/13/12
  • FLfish1
Im not the biggest Samson fan out there, but i gotta admit, his 50 mile run for charity is pretty badass. Gotta give him some credit for that at least
  • Reply to this Message