• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Chip Kelly to the Eagles
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13

Living up in Oregon everyone up here are upset with Kelly going from the Ducks to the Eagles. I pretty much knew it was inevitale.

Bellechick from the Patriots talked with Kelly about the quick pace game, and Brady is doing it.

Harbaugh is doing it with Kaep.

It seems to be the coming thing in the NFL. What do you think?

Back to Kelly, the Ducks had a QB, Darren Thomas who picked up on Kelly' "no huddle" offense and tried to come out early last year in the NFL draft, nobody took him in the entire draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try out for Kelly' team. Especially with Kelly knowing his capabilities. Since no one drafted him after declaring his eligibility he would be a free agent, or am I wrong.

It will be interesting this coming year if Kelly brings the Duck style offense to the NFL.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
The Ducks style offense is high risk/high reward, I'd look for him to be more conservative in the NFL.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13

It will be interesting this coming year if Kelly brings the Duck style offense to the NFL.

LOL.. 90 percent of the NFL is way to slow and stupid to run that type of offense more than 1 play....

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
That is how Cam Newton and the Auburn Tigers became National Champions in 2010 / 2011 Season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
I think Chip Kelly is an amazing college coach, and I am pumped to see what he can do in the NFL. If he doesn't bring some of the offense he is using then I don't get the move at all. If you want a guy to coach an offense like every other NFL team you are better off getting a guy who has actually coached that type of offense. I think he is going to try to bring as much of his offense with him, and I think with the right QB it could work. Too bad he doesn't have himself a Kaep.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
He may bring Darron Thomas in, but I can tell you that he's no NFL QB nor is he the prototypical spread option QB that Chip is famous for. Kelly is going to bring his system in to a point but no chance he brings in DT as a bridge to implement a mirror of what he did at Oregon. I think Chip can be successful in the NFL but he needs to find a QB answer this offseason. Just a tidbit....Kelly became successful at New Hampshire chucking the ball around. He knows the passing game. He'll evolve.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 148477.7 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
Ya on Kelly to nfl.. he will try and mold those folks over next couple years to the lightning strike offense he knows best but it will take some time to convert some and get rid of the overweight snails he will have to deal with...lol will be fun to watch anyway..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
I think with this hire, it's less about scheme and more about innovation and program building. Some of the other guys they were looking at including Brian Kelly, Bill O'Brien and Doug Marrone (now the Bills HC). With the relative amounts of success Harbaugh, Carroll and Schiano have had over the past couple of years, teams are starting to realize that hiring college coaches isn't such a bad thing after all. It seems a lot of these teams would rather have guys with HC experience (even if it's not NFL HC exp) than inexperienced NFL coordinators. Chip will adapt and hopefully be given a few years to get his guys in there to fit what he wants.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/18/13
I'm waiting for Chef to weigh on this one. As for Kelly, like many before him, I don't think he knows what he's getting himself into. Keep your home in Oregon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
I'm an Eagles fan.
I would've been fine with Chip or Gus Bradley.
I think this means Vick's contract will be reworked and he'll be kept.
I'm optimistic.
  • Reply to this Message