• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Say it ain't so Dereck!
  • To:All
  • 1/15/13

NEW YORK – A day after the last home opener at the House that Ruth Built was washed out, the Yankees were hit with a much bigger bombshell: a former player says that shortstop and team captain Derek Jeter, the face of the franchise for the past decade, took steroids and other performance-enhancing substances.

The source of the allegations is ex-Yankee pitcher Dan Naulty, who was named in the Mitchell Report and has since admitted his use of steroids. Naulty has been outspoken in his statements that steroid use was rampant in the major leagues during the time that he pitched. Naulty appeared in 33 games for the Yankees’ World Series-winning squad in 1999, when Jeter was in his fifth season with the Bombers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
Link please.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 148465.3 was deleted
  • 1/15/13
"NEW YORK – A day after the last home opener at the House that Ruth Built was washed out, the Yankees were hit with a much bigger bombshell: a former player says that shortstop and team captain Derek Jeter, the face of the franchise for the past decade, took steroids and other performance-enhancing substances."

Probably did, but f-k it, who cares?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
I don't either.
I am all for better baseball and PED guys make it better.
Just saw it on the Mets board, a current post.
Sorry if I ruffled some feathers!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
The cool thing about PED's is we got to see our favorite players continue to perform at a high level until they were 40 rather than falling off at 32-34. I do miss that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
I think the bigger question over there is why they haven't even discussed an extension with Cano. I speculate that they might want to see if he can pass the newest tests first.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
No doubt in my mind he did.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 148465.9 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
Why dig up a story from 2008?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
I still say that they should all hire a PED coach to keep the less intelligent players like Melky from being caught and I am not saying this tongue in check.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
Look at the link.
www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=32&nav=messages&webtag=ml-mets&tid=547489
It is a current ongoing discussion on the Mets board I already apologized but at the very least this is baseball talk and not off topic.
Please do not interpret this as a slam at you or anybody else.
I am just trying to answer your question.

Edited 1/16/13   by  bennitto
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 148465.14 through 148465.15 were deleted