• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Don't you love Variable Pricing?
  • To:All
  • 1/14/13
So for Saturday Game 2 vs STL (posey bobblehead), the nosebleeds are at $66 currently. $66 for up there?!?!?!?! And when they sell this game individually at fanfest, its probably going to go up to $80. Go Giants!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13

Just wait until the night before to buy.

I got a Field Club ticket at a normal price for the Home Opener last season when I ordered the night before.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
good tip zebra... but since this is the 2nd game of the year I think everyone will want to go since theyve been suffering from baseball withdrawl.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13

Its almost as bad as the hoarding of tickets and then releasing to StubHub.

Spring training tix were sold out (for some games) in 5 minutes, and like last year, I'll have to buy them (from the giants) via SH for more. Ticket brokers are one thing, but when its the team doing it..

:(

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13

I wouldnt doubt teams buy their own tickets to resell on StubHub. StubHub gets their fee and Giants squeeze a little more on each ticket.

The way of the season ticket holder is disappearing. You know who are buying these season tickets that are given up by fans who can no longer afford them? Ticket agencies, brokers who will choke fans to death until they get the price they want.

The other problem teams are facing is the home experience. HD, eat your own food, drink cheaper beer, no obnoxious fans, and you dont miss anything. How do they get you to come to the games now?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13

"I wouldnt doubt teams buy their own tickets to resell on StubHub. StubHub gets their fee and Giants squeeze a little more on each ticket."

Yup, wouldn't surprise me at all.

A lot of the season ticket holders I know go to no more than 20 games a year. The agencies buying them is probably what enables this "sellout" streak.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
The night prior to Game 1 of the NLDS, there were promenade level seats going just above normal price.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13

Teams definately do.

When going to Giants games in San Diego, SH straight up says "Tickets will be issued by the San Diego Padres". Complete with the changing prices as you get close to the game that StubHub is about.

Giants sell group tickets all throughout the year, and for a fact, those unsold go onto StubHub a few weeks or so before the game (probably varies depending on popularity of the game). A group of friends that had 25 group tickets, could have had more tix, but I waited too long, and ended up with SH tix in the same row. I would be surprised if other tickets aren't on SH to begin with.

They make their money on those that need ticket confirmation a week or more before the games, and it offsets the losses they make selling in the last 12 hours or so.

• Reply to this Message