• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Vogey in US WBC Rotation
  • 1/14/13

Honestly I think the WBC is a farce. It has weird game rules and it is at an absolute wrong time.

I don't like that Vogey's going to pitch for the US. After a long season, he shouldn't be pithing competitive ball in March. Honestly with Romo on Mexico's team and Pablo playing for Venezuela, I'll be cheering for the US, Mexico, and Venezuela to lose so our guys don't get tired out.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13

According to Schulman, Posey won't be playing in the WBC.

Whew.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
That was kind of my initial reaction too, but at a certain point you have to trust these guys they know their arms/bodies better than we do. He wouldn't be doing something that would hurt his pitching next year, when he loves baseball enough and more importantly likes money like all of us why would you jeopardize that? Heck for all we know Voggie started some rigorous off season pitching schedule in simulated games or whatever a few years ago and he credits that with his turn around. Just have to trust them have their own best interests in mind and who doesn't.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
Vogey's old school. He loves a challenge, and the chance to represent the U.S. was a no brainer for him. He'll be fine
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
Phew on that one. Looks like Affeldt gonna join Vogey though
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/15/13

If I remember correctly, the shorter offseason between '10 and '11 had an effect on a lot of arms, both at the start and end of the 2011 season.
I'd prefer if Vogey was in ST and under the manager's control.

Hopefully Bochy has a word with Torre and Vogey ends up on a strict pitch count though.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/15/13

Most teams didn't think Vogie was even going to have a prime.

Now that he is in it in his 30's, he is maximizing his baseball.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
I figure it's quite an honor for him, and he wouldn't be there if he wasn't at the top of his game. Best of luck to him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
"Honestly I think the WBC is a farce. It has weird game rules and it is at an absolute wrong time."

Yeah, but it brings the game to more people around the world allowing them to see some of their home town heros play for their country. I like it for that reason. Don't really care who wins though.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 148452.11 was deleted