Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wilson trying out for Mets
  • 1/13/13
Shoot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13

Hey biggs,

From the article...

"He has indicated he will be ready for Opening Day, although a major league source said the reliever is not yet able to demonstrate in workouts that he is back to pre-surgery form.

The source speculated that the Mets willingly would sign Wilson to a minor league deal now, but Wilson agreeing to such an offer seems a stretch. As a result, the negotiation process will continue."

Wilson wants a high dollar guaranteed deal? Great. Let him wait until he can throw well enough to justify one...say, mid-season. If he wants to sign with a club before then, he's simply going to have to take an MiLB deal, or the type of incentive-laden deal the Giants already offered him.

The guy has another 2+ months to get his arm tuned up to get his guaranteed deal done. I don't think he'll cave on his contract demands until and unless it becomes apparent he's not going to get where he wants to be by then, performance-wise.

LoneStar

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
Yeah he is insulted he didn't get the big bucks and here another team won't even offer him an MLB contract, doesn't make his tantrum look good.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/13/13

Hey LS

I agree with you. IMO his demands are really high he needs to be realistic about his situation. I think his best option is right back here and I would love to see him in Orange and Black next month at Spring training.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
MB would you pay for a car you just had the engine replaced without starting it up to see if it would run first? Neither would any other team...lol Wilson just has to bite the ego bullet and get ready to perform (start the engine) in ST for anyone interested to see if he can reach home plate.. And if it were me I would know if I could perform before I accepted a work out for anyone first... duh!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13

Remember when he was angry with our management for not giving him a qualifying offer?

Does he think we wanted him to be the cleanup hitter? We're not giving that much to a reliever coming off an injury.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
I have no sympathy for the guy. He's completely mishandled this situation and now he's paying for it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13

"I have no sympathy for the guy. He's completely mishandled this situation and now he's paying for it"

+1

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
I think New York would be a good fit for him if he got healthy again. He would be in the spotlight and the media would give him all the attention that he wanted. And he would be in the weird capitol of the universe. The thing is, I am thinking he burned bridges with the Gs.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 148442.11 was deleted
  • 1/14/13
Yeah, and I can't blame the FO. It's one thing to run at the mouth but there are times when you cross the line. I never saw Wilson as mature, although like you I wish him well. He may end up having to retire, and I think it's going to be a hard fall for him. He's not doing well with this now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
Agreed.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 148442.14 was deleted
  • 1/14/13
The Mets are a team that stars go to die. It's a horrible team for any major league player. I wouldn't wish my most hated player to go there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
Good riddance. He could have handled his situation with a little more class. Hard to feel sorry for the guy. Kind of like when the Cowboys <shit> canned Rob Ryan. "I'll have a job in 5 minutes"
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 148442.17 through 148442.19 were deleted
  • 1/14/13
If he goes to Mets he can rehab all year,, they will only need a closer for about 25 games....lol
  • Reply to this Message