• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT - The AMAZING Huell Howser passes away
  • To:All
  • 1/7/13

<http://www.pe.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20130107-huell-howser-california-s-gold-host-dies.ece

A real sad day for many of us. Had the pleasure a couple of times in the Sacramento Airport to say hi and to offer a heartfelt thanks for his work and how much I look forward to all of his shows and series.

He will be sorely missed. RIP Huell.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13

Yep. Learned a bunch about California from his shows.

RIP

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
willy;
da-m, i loved to watch his shows. he could get excited over a rock on a sidewalk. you could tell he loved his job. always thought that it would be a cool job to work with him.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 148393.4 was deleted
  • 1/7/13

"Hey Louie! get a close-up of THIS! Amazing!"

Yep. You would have hit it off with him 27, LOL!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
It really does man. The Southern graciuosness was contagious.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
will not be another huell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
:>(
q
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 148393.9 through 148393.11 were deleted
  • 1/8/13
Have a friend who lives in 29 Palms near the entrance to the Marine base and he was neighbors with Huell. He didn't see him around much, Huell kept to himself mostly. Louie the cameraman was a significant other for quite some time. I wish I could name all the places I've visited in California because Huell showed me first. I know he retired in October or so, but this is truly a shock to me. I will never forget his "Oh Boy!" and his child like enthusiasm. His shows are always a topic with friends sitting around a camp fire. He was definitely an original.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 148393.13 through 148393.14 were deleted
  • 1/8/13

I have the DVD of when he came to my native town,lol. Sad to see him go. This is not "Amazing".

RIP

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13

It wasn't just state parks or places, he visited businesses, fairs, festivals, and featured the most obscure things you could think of like an episode I saw about how they used to harvest ice up in Truckee and then send it down on the rails for people to use in their "ice boxes" back in the day. And it also told how the railroad built snow sheds up in the Sierras to protect the trains from avalanches. His shows were extremely interesting and informative.

That being said, I always thought he was <gay. His exaggerated speaking style, and quirky flamboyance not to mention some of his wardrobe choices that were a little too form-fitting were giveaways. But he kept his private life private, which is not the norm nowadays, and I respected him for that. It's very sad because California lost its biggest fan.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
I remember remote control cruising and watched an educational episode about Death Valley another about Calaveras County. Bummer.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 148393.18 through 148393.19 were deleted
  • 1/10/13
spot on, og!!!
  • Reply to this Message