Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• A's to sign Manny
  • To:All
  • 2/20/12
He'll play after the 50 game suspension
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12

I have never been an A's fan, but have been somewhat neutral if they were not playing the Giants.

Not this year..... http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/oakland_athletics/index.html

Edited 2/20/12   by  1958giants
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/20/12
He ll I'll watch, everyone loves a circus
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12
Manny is one of the greatest hitters in MLB history and a clown to boot. Teammates like him so he can't be so bad. If he has something left in the tank it will be interesting to watch. Cespedes is also very intriguing. I don't know if there are any good Cuban hitters in MLB, their pitchers have done fairly well though- El Duque', Livan, Chapman is still a ???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12
Beane is on the phone now to Albert Belle's agent
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12

" Teammates like him so he can't be so bad. "

Ask his Rays and Dodgers teammates how they feel about that.

The Rays wouldn't have to sneak in on game 162 if they had Manny the whole season.

He's left enough teammates out to dry that I can't see how he's going to be accepted again. But, it is the A's. So a bunch of star-struck tweener 22 year olds will probably just ooh and ahh over him.

-chef

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12
His recent history has been bad, but Coco Crisp said he was good in Beantown . . . so who knows what Manny shows up. From his own mouth it sounds like his pride was hurt by his own behavior and he's determined to get that bad taste out of his mouth, so I'd bet on him being on his best behavior. But Manny being Manny . . . that's what makes it interesting.

Edited 2/20/12   by  KrukNBaerKoolAid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12
Welcome Back, BANNY!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 2/20/12   by  thezebra13
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12

Manny being Manny.

I wish he had not been caught using PEDs, because I always sort of enjoyed watching his antics.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/12
Which time?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12

Hey AT10,

Take away ManRam's PEDs, and all you're left with is a saggy pair of mantitties and a .215 batting average.

LoneStar

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill are filming the sequel "Mannyball". But who plays Manny? Whoopi Goldberg, perhaps?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12

"Manny is one of the greatest hitters in MLB history..."

I don't think so, but he was a great hitter. Not one of the greatest.

I do think the Giants should have gone for him for half a Mil. I think we might regret it, still feel he's got some gas left.

Bordo

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
I think it would be a mistake for the Giants because they already have a playoff team, and Manny could definately have negative effects on the team not to mention the guy can field a position anymore. I am probally in the minority with you that thinks he might have some gas left though and could be a nice pickup for a team like the A's that have nothing to lose it is not like you are potentially disrupting a playoff contending locker room.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 140106.15 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
I hear Johann's pretty psyched about this signing!
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 140106.17 through 140106.19 were deleted
  • 2/22/12
Church, that's your lowest shot ever! (ROFL)
  • Reply to this Message