• Welcome Guest
Los Angeles Dodgers

Welcome to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Not a fan of this trade
  • To:All
  • 8/25/12
  • hamncheese

I don't like this trade or the direction the club is taking.

1. We all hate the Yankees because they buy everything in sight. It's bad for the game and it's embarrassing. I do not want to be the Yankees of the west.

2. History is littered with teams that loaded up on the biggest stars and were huge busts. It fails more often than it works (ask the Red Sox and Marlins).

3. The Dodgers now have four very expensive high risk players, two (maybe three) of them with attitude issues, and is betting that they will all rebound. Three of them are on the wrong side of 30 with many years left on their contracts. A month ago 3 of those 4 had what were considered some of the worst contracts in the game.

4. Future free agents (like Kershaw) will now expect that the team's wallets are open and will drive the team salary up even more. Negotiating will become impossible.

5. Historically, a lot of teams that spend ungodly sums of money end up in financial trouble and end up collapsing and having fire sales.

These are not great trades, this is Colletti, a GM who has made some of the worst contract decisions in baseball over the years, out of control.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • leo215
Yankees 27 titles, who wants that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • sliderblue
I'm affraid you may be right.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • anobleone
I dislike getting rid of all those young talents. Like getting AGon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • norcal2012
I'll ask the Marlins and Red Sox about the two WS titles they have won in the last 15 years. We haven't won anything in 25years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • SpeedCity
i hate the "all this young talent" comments. the proposed package includes ONE guy with star potential; Rubby De La Rosa. that's it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • anobleone
Webster, Sands???
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 8/25/12
  • odgreds

As long as the core of this team remains home grown dodgers i can live with it. Remember its Kershaw, Bills, Kemp, Jansen and Eithier along with cameos from cruz, and Herrera that have kept us in it long enough to get the help they deserved at the start of the season.

Besides looking back to where we were with McFraude anything looks better.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • SpeedCity
will never be stars. i will gladly come on here and eat crow if they do; but i doubt i will have to. i think Webster, at best, will be a back of the rotation starter. I have serious doubt if Sands will ever be able to hold down a starting job at the major league level.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • odgreds
He also forgot to mention Loney - Future first ballot HOF
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • fanallthetime
I guess you are happy with the 85 wins each year not wing a world Aries title in the last 25 years right
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • anobleone
I have a gut feeling that Sands will do well. Also it might go to show us that our hitting coach stinks to high heaven and Loney will turn on the power.

Edited 8/25/12   by  anobleone
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • SpeedCity
i just don't think Sands has the bat speed to ever hit consistently at the major league level. i think he will always kill it in AAA (especially in the PCL) where the pitchers don't throw as hard but will always struggle to make contact in the bigs. but hey, that's just my opinion of course.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • hamncheese

I'm not saying they shouldn't ever trade for anyone or spend any money. I just hate to see them commit to years and years of possibly horrible contracts.

Championships are grown from within. I'd much rather see them invest tons of money on scouting and the farm system.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • bluebluddd
yanks, sox, and fish have won multiple championships in the last 15 years. do i want that? hells yes, i do....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • SpeedCity

they are investing money in scouting, where the heck were you when they signed Puig and a bunch of others from Latin America? or when they gave Seager a multi-million dollar signing bonus?

and Championships are won with talent, period.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • ElCapitan15

""Championships are grown from within.""

Good thing we still got Kersh, Kemp, Gordon, Bills , AJ, Elbert, Jansen, and others.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • anobleone
Of course. Just thinkin' the Dodgers messed up his swing. I can't stand the hitting coach.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • splinter46
You're going to like AGon. We're going to miss his bat and defense. Crawford will be ready for next season. We have so much turmoil going on with the Sox I wouldn't be surprised to see more 'House cleaning.' But it also frees up some cash for us. (How much is still has to be worked out).
But if you guys win the World Series, you're not going to care how much money you spent. 2004 and 2007 meant so much to us. Now beat those yanks and take home a Championship.

Edited 8/25/12   by  splinter46
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/25/12
  • laddude

"I don't like this trade or the direction the club is taking.

1. We all hate the Yankees because they buy everything in sight. It's bad for the game and it's embarrassing. I do not want to be the Yankees of the west."

So you didn't like McCourt for not spending any money and you don't like the new owners for spending too much money..................

Please tell us how much money the owners should spend to make you happy?

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
philly vs Los Angeles 4/23/14.
Latest by koreman1 - 12:34 AM
$230,000,000
Latest by strwbrry16 - 12:27 AM
Dodgers need a catcher plain and simple
Latest by doyers33 - 12:06 AM
FINALLY!
Latest by ELAblues - Apr-23
Kershaw to pitch Friday
Latest by ELAblues - Apr-23