I don't like this trade or the direction the club is taking.
1. We all hate the Yankees because they buy everything in sight. It's bad for the game and it's embarrassing. I do not want to be the Yankees of the west.
2. History is littered with teams that loaded up on the biggest stars and were huge busts. It fails more often than it works (ask the Red Sox and Marlins).
3. The Dodgers now have four very expensive high risk players, two (maybe three) of them with attitude issues, and is betting that they will all rebound. Three of them are on the wrong side of 30 with many years left on their contracts. A month ago 3 of those 4 had what were considered some of the worst contracts in the game.
4. Future free agents (like Kershaw) will now expect that the team's wallets are open and will drive the team salary up even more. Negotiating will become impossible.
5. Historically, a lot of teams that spend ungodly sums of money end up in financial trouble and end up collapsing and having fire sales.
These are not great trades, this is Colletti, a GM who has made some of the worst contract decisions in baseball over the years, out of control.
As long as the core of this team remains home grown dodgers i can live with it. Remember its Kershaw, Bills, Kemp, Jansen and Eithier along with cameos from cruz, and Herrera that have kept us in it long enough to get the help they deserved at the start of the season.
Besides looking back to where we were with McFraude anything looks better.
I'm not saying they shouldn't ever trade for anyone or spend any money. I just hate to see them commit to years and years of possibly horrible contracts.
Championships are grown from within. I'd much rather see them invest tons of money on scouting and the farm system.
they are investing money in scouting, where the heck were you when they signed Puig and a bunch of others from Latin America? or when they gave Seager a multi-million dollar signing bonus?
and Championships are won with talent, period.
""Championships are grown from within.""
Good thing we still got Kersh, Kemp, Gordon, Bills , AJ, Elbert, Jansen, and others.
"I don't like this trade or the direction the club is taking.
1. We all hate the Yankees because they buy everything in sight. It's bad for the game and it's embarrassing. I do not want to be the Yankees of the west."
So you didn't like McCourt for not spending any money and you don't like the new owners for spending too much money..................
Please tell us how much money the owners should spend to make you happy?