• Bruce Levine: Cubs interested in Milton Bradley
  • To:All
  • 7/31/08
  • returnofstevefitz

Jim is asking Texas about Milton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • mr durden
Texas is tough to deal with. It'd be excellent to have Bradley out there though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • JoeSmith
new CFer potentially I guess ?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • returnofstevefitz

Love his bat, hate his attitude. Think about this, the Sox had Carl Everett and won a world series title. So a head case can help your team win.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • sdmrcub
This is bat that is actually a huge improvement. No more Luis Gonzales and Raul Ibanez talk please. That being said I dont see anything happening with Texas in 1 day.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • JoeSmith

I'm feeling a Michael Wuertz included in this deal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • shroobs
Agreed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • returnofstevefitz

Unless they've been talking for a while now. Hendry's always been interested in Bradley.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • nat lution
Yeah Milton is having a great year, but its just a matter of time before he snaps. That's probably the biggest gamble.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 332160.10 was deleted
  • 7/31/08
  • cubbiefantn
That would be an incredible addition if he could pull it off. Milton's having a good year and has been behaving himself as well. Perhaps playing for a team in contention would also encourage him to keep his temper under wraps.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • returnofstevefitz

I don't think he's snapped in quite some time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • Batman66

His attitude seems to be changing, he seems to be mellowing out some.
The fight they had a while back he was one of the guys trying to break it up and not go crazy like he used to.
He was also joking around a lot with players at the home run derby.

I'm not saying the guy has a halo over his head now but there does seem to be a change in him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • cubbies2579
He teaked his quad for the second time this year earlier this week. He didn't play last night and probably won't play tonight. This guy is a walking injury. he can hit when he's healthy, but I wouldn't give up much to get him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • babagadoosh
He went after an announcer of the Royals this year..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • returnofstevefitz

Yeah I just remembered that. Well, we wouldn't have to worry about that here with the Cubs. Cub announcers aren't really too critical.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • nat lution
I know, and I along with everyone else have been surprised.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • babagadoosh
I could give him hints on opposing announcers to go after.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • returnofstevefitz

Ha, we could start with one in Cincy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/31/08
  • 14cubs21
I dont get that at all... We have too mant OF's as is. Jimmy and RJ have done about as well as anyone will out there. I dont see that as a need. Now, maybe if your talking about aquiring someone who will be here for a few more years, I could see it. However, we certainly dont need another rental in CF. Those guys have done great. IMO, if we need anything, its an arm in the bullpen, but I really think we'd be fine if we could just get Wood back and healthy. The biggest upgrade we could make at the moment is handcuffing Bob Howry to the bench.
  • Reply to this Message