....game 6 ..wow
....descalso game 5 ..dbl wow
...jack clark dodger homerun we go to the series
....ted simmons 10 inning walkoff live

number 1? thinking...one of those i think

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Barnabas_Libtard

I was in attendance when McGwire hit 62. Unbelievable moment. At the time I thought it would be boast-worthy forever, but of course that is not really the case nowadays.

In terms of watching the Cards on television, here are some other nominations... Albert's HR off Lidge in Houston always stands out to me, in terms of the dramatic. Freese's Game 6 double off the wall is up there. The Tom Lawless HR of 1987. Yadi's HR at Shea, and the Wainright strikeout of Beltran. How about Bud Smith's no-hitter? That was just a few days before the 9/11 attacks.

I only have vague memories of Ozzie's "go crazy" HR and Jack Clark's HR at Dodger Stadium.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Number_4
Yadis homerun..dam!
how did i forget that...thats way up on my list
mang off lidge ditto
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Barnabas_Libtard

Oh, and I've got one more...

One time in a mid-August game Matt Morris threw ball 2 in the dirt to some pinch-hitter during a 6-1 game. I'll never forget that one, too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Number_4
Carps game 5 pitching performance against the phillies in '11
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • froggiecard

Hard to top Freese' homer to center which eliminated Rangers.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Number_4
Pumas 2 rbi single made me see god.
for me the homerun was anticlimatic
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • jottomatic

Live at the game moments:

#4: Multi hr game for Albert at Miller Park, with my kids cause of free tickets from a friend of mine, first row behind the Brewers dugout in our Cards gear!
#3: Seeing Albert and Edmonds go back to back against the Cubs on Labor Day of 05, my last game in what was for me Old Busch stadium.
#2: I think it was '85, Cards vs. Cubs at Old Busch. Jack Clark tripled with the bases loaded off of Lee Smith, Busch was rocking! Cards won.
#1: It was an entire game, but being able to be there live for Game six of the NLCS at Miller Park in Milwaukee. Only playoff game I have ever been to, and got to see the Cards clinch a spot in the 2011 World series! Hearing that crowd get so quiet as we poured it on was awesome!

TV moments:
#5: Jack Clark's HR vs Los Angeles
#4: Yadi's HR and Waino's K of Beltran at Shea
#3: Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy! Ozzie's HR vs. LA
#2: Freese Triple in Game 6
#1: Freese HR in Game 6 to walkoff. AMAZING!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Barnabas_Libtard

<<<being able to be there live for Game six of the NLCS at Miller Park in Milwaukee>>>

I've been to a Cardinal/Brewer game at Miller Park once, back in '08.

I was surprised by the east-coast style grumpiness of the fans. Two different Brewer fans got right up in my face during the course of the game, and a third constantly yelled at me and my family. Was this a coincidence or did you notice the same thing?

I've never had problems like this watching the Cardinals in Chicago, Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh.

I did have a Cardinal fan give me a free Budweiser in the parking lot, though.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • Barnabas_Libtard

Other games I'm pleased to say I attended...

*The Brandon Phillips brawl game in Cincinnati. I was 20 or 25 rows behind the 1st base dugout.
*Darryl Kile's final game he ever pitched. This was also the day Jack Buck died.
*Griffey's inside-the-park walkoff HR game in 2001. Anyone remember this? At the time it was deemed an instant-classic on ESPN. Even though the Cardinals lost, it was a wonderfully bizarre game to attend. SO many strange things happened in this game.
*Willie McGee's walk-off HR at the home opener in 1997.

• Reply to this Message
Message 109284.11 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • Number_4
Which one
  • Reply to this Message
Message 109284.13 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • Number_4
Your top moment blows
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • Sir_Redbird_Willie
my TOP Cardinal moment = The day Screwlussa announced he would no longer manage the Cardinals----yip-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Number_4

Im shocked willard
that is in my top 30

mike!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Sir_Redbird_Willie
just stating the obvious CK ......I like to remind people though......TOP 30?...how about doing better than that?...like in your top 5
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Number_4

Just because i grew to dislike him
doesnt mean he didnt help bring us some great years of baseball.

tony leaving really isnt a top baseball moment

duncan catching a deep fly ball would be though
DUNC!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • cardinalfaninmichigan

He11, game 6 has three unbelievable seesaw moments which makes it the greatest game of all time. Game 7 vs the mets when yadi hits the unexpected homerun needs to be included along when wainwright caught what's his name looking on a third strike. Edmond's extra inning homer vs the stros was certainly a thrill as well as Carps game 5 against Halladay and the phils. For old times sake, and on a losing note how about Bob Gibson and Ozzie Smith? yes I was around to see Bob Gibson strike out #16 and #17 during game 1 of the 68' world series against the Tigers. I was relieved a great deal when we paid them back in 06' Also, what about Ozzie Smith's "Go Crazy Folks" homerun? Jack Buck, knew exactly what every Cardinal fan wanted to do, we just went crazy!

Go Cards!

• Reply to this Message