• Welcome Guest
St. Louis Cardinals

Welcome to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• how about this trade
  • To:All
  • 1/10/13
  • redbirds2013
Just for fun.......Send Holiday,Lynn to Texas for Andrus and Kinsler. this gives Texas the bat they need and gives the Cards the SS and 2nd base we need. Then move Craig to left and have either have Matt Adams play first or Carpenter.
Other option is the rookie Tavaras play left and leave Craig at 1st.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • oreo31
How about trading Jake Westbrook for ANYBODY ??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • KittenMittons
id rather wait for wong. i like andrus though
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Sir_Redbird_Willie
.....i would like to see MUSCLEHEAD traded and put Taveras in left....but i believe we're stuck with the Musclehead
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Okie4Cards
I like it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Corn_Growin_Farmer
.300, 30,100...not too bad to be stuck with.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • Sir_Redbird_Willie
musclehead-------- no clutch-stiff outfielder
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 109280.8 through 109280.10 were deleted
  • 1/11/13
  • Okie4Cards

Actually I wouldn't be for it. I don't see a lot of value in Kinsler. He's an OK bat, but barely serviceable 2B.

I would do Lynn for Andrus though in a heartbeat. I'd trade Craig for Andrus just as quick.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • YadiHULKonlina
We don't need on stinkin' facts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • utexcard
Would you trade Landry for Johnny Football? ... oops, I forgot we are talking baseball!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 109280.14 was deleted
  • 1/13/13
  • Okie4Cards

Seriously, you shouldn't EVER bring up college football.

But since you did, did you know Johnny wanted to go to UT? ...nice

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • utexcard
Yes, I knew that. That's one example of Mack Brown's feast or famine decision making involving QB's over his tenure ... in this case, famine. He's come up big, and he's blown it. The failure to offer a scholarship to Johnny Football was one that was a scru up! He and his staff thought at the time that Ash and Case McCoy didn't leave them room to use a scholarship on him ... and they obviously underrated his potential. He was the difference against Bama in that game, and he completely embarrassed the Sooners in that game. If he doesn't get injured, he will be an icon in College Football and will likely be an all-time premier QB in NFL football. At least Mack Brown has a National Championship in his tenure at Texas. I wonder how many more he needs to get before he equals Stoops' National Championships at OU ... oh well, I'm sure it is a large number, huh? And at least Mack Brown can say he has never lost a Championship game to Boise State!!!

Edited 1/13/13   by  utexcard
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • Okie4Cards

Stoops has a National Championship and will compete for another next season.

I doubt Johnny Manziel has an NFL future as a QB.

Boise State has never played in a championship game.

I'm not saying the things about Mack as an attack on you. I'm just seriously calling it as I see it. It's time for a change at UT.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • utexcard

Right! Boise State has competed against and beat a team in a BCS Bowl but it was not a Champioship game, but I can't remember which one ... maybe you can recall which one it was and who the opponent was that they defeated.

Mack Brown has one BCS Championship on his resume ... apparently that is the same number as Stoops ... and Stoops has had 4 shots at it in the history of the BCS Champioship game, whereas Mack Brown has only had two shots at it (and lost his preeminent QB in the loss to the Tide early in the game). And ... farfetched as it might be for both coaches, they will both be competing for a second one next season. By that measure it looks like both might merit the same considerations. However, I would agree that I would favor putting Mack Brown out to pasture after next season unless the team has a sparkling successful season ... and I'm not convinced that they will in spite of supposedly optimistic "inside info" that has reached my ear. Like I said, looking at the history of JoePa at Penn State, a coach can hang on longer than is wise for all concerned.

And if you think Johnny Football (healthy) will not have a very prominent future in the NFL, take a look at the new style QB that is coming to the fore: RGIII, Cam Newton, Wilson (Seattle), and even Tebow with his below average passing game. Methinks you are chewing on sour grapes here! When reading the defense before and after the snap, the new style QB has the elusiveness and legs to hurt the defense if they don't keep the QB honest ... and that was the primary mistake OU made against Johnny Football, although I think the Aggies would have won anyway.

Wiggley is not saying bad things about Stoops just to attack you (maybe) ... he is expressing an honest opinion ... and I think there is some merit to his point. But if you are happy with Stoops and his poops, that is okay by me. Like I said, all major football programs (and that includes Bama's, OU's, UT's, ND's, etc.) have their ebbs and flows over the course of time. The Sooners are due for their ebb tide, and the Horns are slowly working out of theirs.

The last six BCS Champions all hailed from the SEC. Question: Who was the last non-SEC team to win the Championship & who did they defeat who was also the reigning champion from the prior season (later vacated)?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • Corn_Growin_Farmer
Again...300, 30, 100. I rest my case...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • Corn_Growin_Farmer
I would not trade Craig for Andrus unless we could extend him and then I still would be hesitant.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Slow Starting Cardinals: Who Concerns You Most?
Latest by Mahatma_Gandhi - 9:29 AM
Butler
Latest by _LEFTY_ - 8:24 AM
OT: TV
Latest by danneau - 8:16 AM
THE CUBS IS DEAD!
Latest by MrXray - 1:34 AM
GT: MLB 2014
Latest by jaynovahawk07 - 1:23 AM
GT Win/Loss
Latest by Rajah - 12:29 AM
GT 4/16 Cards vs Brewers