St. Louis Cardinals

Welcome to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Ty Wiggington!!!
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • dtreidjr

Wait... What??

My only question is about his BA as a pinch hitter. It's like .158 for his career. Has anyone seen the dollars yet? I would have liked Hairston.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Corn_Growin_Farmer
Dumb, dumb signing. 2 yrs/5 million for a clearly declining bench player that is miserable in the field and wields a less than impressive bat.

Edited 12/14/12   by  Corn_Growin_Farmer
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • luvcards53
When and how did we get him?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • dtreidjr
I would agree but this management group that we have has made smart decision after smart decision. I am really hesitant to call anything they do "dumb". We literally have one of the best, if not the best, ownership/management group in baseball.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • dtreidjr
Announced this morning. He was a free agent. Apparently 2 years at 5million.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • luvcards53
I haven't yet seen how we aquired him...Please advise.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • luvcards53
Thanks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • luvcards53
Agreed. I looked at his stats. Not all that impressive. Maybe a halfway decent fill in for Freese and/or Craig, but not earth-shattering by any means.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 109240.9 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • RealFacts

Ty Wiggington has a career .810 OPS versus left handed pitching, and can play third base. He is not Skip.

Last year he hit .285/.365/.511 versus LH Starters. It's obvious what his role on this team will be.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • sobchaksecurity
you are an idiot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • luvcards53
Skip was absolutely worthless against lefties.Maybe this guy can get an occasional hit against them, which was not the case with Skip.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 109240.13 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • Metalman26
Just letting you know I watched this guy play all last year and he has a bit of pop against lefties but his defense his terrible and his bat really isn't that good to make up for it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • PhillipsRules

I love Ty Wiggingtail he can rake, great job Mo.

Card Nation

• Reply to this Message
Message 109240.16 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • JohnReese

"Last year he hit .285/.365/.511 versus LH Starters. It's obvious what his role on this team will be."

Wigginton has a career .270/.354/.456 line against southpaws, including a .234/.360/.411 line against them this past season.

Maybe he hit .285 against starters, but against relievers he must have done way worse since he hit .234 against all lefties. I hope his role isnt to pinch hit against lefties.

• Reply to this Message
Message 109240.18 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • dtreidjr
Thanks for the brilliant commentary. It makes no sense what so ever, but brilliant from you none the less.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • wilyums
Righthanded pop off the bench one of the team needs. Can play 1b,3b, corner outfield, and has played 2b. Not a great defender, but will do in a pinch. Wiggington has somehow managed to play in the majors for a while now, so he's doing something right. It's really hard not to trust Mo, He has put us in the position to win every year he's been gm.
  • Reply to this Message