• Welcome Guest
St. Louis Cardinals

Welcome to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• For all The Trolls
  • To:All
  • 4/13/12
  • jottomatic

I wrote this in reply to an email to one of my cousins, who is a Cub fan. She had emailed saying "Oh, and you may be talking big now, but just wait... Without your star player, you may be in for a disappointing season." I realized this fits a lot of the trolls around here who want to keep talking about Albert leaving, and implying that the Cardinals are DOOMED as a result.

Um, last time I checked, he’s not OUR star player anymore, but is playing for the Angels. Cardinal fans were fortunate to be able to cheer for such a high caliber player for the last 11 years, statistically the best 11 years to start a career for a player EVER. Considered by many to be the best of all time, yes he is gone to CA. I can’t speak for all Cards fans, but I think I can speak for most, and definitely for myself, when I say Cardinals Nation has moved on. Personally, I’ve always cheered for what is listed on the front of my jersey not just what is on the back. I will still wear my Pujols jersey, because it is a CARDINALS jersey and I’m thinking a World Series 2011 champs patch will be the perfect addition to it!

The thing I enjoyed the most about last year was seeing the Cardinals as a TEAM win it all. 2011 was about all members of the team contributing, not just one player carrying the load. Freese, Berkman, Holliday, Craig, Jay, Furcal, Yadi, and yes Albert as position players had great moments throughout the playoffs. So did Carpenter, Dotel, Motte, Scrabble, Lynn, and I don’t think I need to go on. Somehow even a St. Louis squirrel supposedly had a hand in the title run! I believe you take away any one of the players (except the squirrel) I just named, and the Cards don’t get it done last year.

Here is a prime example. I confess that I still have game 6 on my DVR. I watch it every once in a while, and did again today while eating lunch. After all, the kids had the DVR running and recording two different things I didn’t want to watch, LOL! Freese in the 9th with the triple, amazing. But the 10th inning doesn’t get enough credit. Hamilton’s 2 run bomb, things not looking good. Singles by Descalso and Jay to lead off. If one of these two guys didn’t get on, the whole 10th inning is different. Cards get a run home after a sacrifice and a ground ball, runner on second, 2 outs. Albert up, and remember what the Rangers did? Intentional walk. Berkman up, 2 strikes, and a single to tie the game. What happens if they pitch to Albert instead of walking him? What if Jay hits into a double play, with no pinch hitters left on the bench??? We will never know. Just one small example of what I am talking about. MANY players stepped up to finish the job and bring home the title. The same was true in 2006.

Last year, the Cards won it all as a TEAM, not as one player. Future championships will be won in the same fashion. That’s what has historically made the Cardinals a great organization. Let’s play the games, play the season, and we’ll see what happens. Go CARDS! Enjoy the home opening weekend and all the celebration Cardinal nation! We are the defending champs!

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Man_with_Gun
Who, to you, is the most-obvious goat-humper on the cubs active roster?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Number_4
you?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Man_with_Gun
Kerry Wood. He's been herding goats to the cliff edge for years in an effort to get them to back up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Number_4
true that
r u glad z cooler crusher is gone?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Man_with_Gun
Not really. I liked knowing the cubs had a malignant tumor in their clubhouse.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Number_4

i miss z a lot
ole notre dame boy is a startere now...!

yay,,fkn hippie

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Man_with_Gun
He wasn't man enough to catch passes in the SEC. Tells me everything I need to know right there. He fits in perfectly with the cubs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Number_4
i lik a way u tawk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • utexcard

Well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said, well said,

Let me summarize: well said.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/14/12
  • jottomatic
LOL, sorry, I know my tirade was long!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/14/12
  • Heinzmania13
ey ey Captain!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/15/12
  • nlfan7

"i miss z a lot"

I used to watch his games on TV when I came across them and the Cardinals weren't playing. It seemed like something interesting always happened in them.

He was a true Impact Player, just ask a cooler (if they could talk).

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/16/12
  • 12N14
The Pig Z is BAD for baseball. Lightning bolt? Runaway bus? Subway train accident?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/16/12
  • utexcard
LOL. You shoulda seen the Encyclopedic posts I made two or three years ago. I've managed to put a bit of a bridle on it the last couple of years! Just funnin' ya!
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
GT 4/17: Cards(Wainwright) @ Nationals(Jordan)
Latest by cardsmojo - Apr-17
OT- St. Louis Blues Quest For the Cup!
JUMP SHIP!!!
Latest by sobchaksecurity - Apr-17
Slow Starting Cardinals: Who Concerns You Most?
OT: NFL Open Thread
Latest by JCL87 - Apr-17
OT- MIZZOU!!!!
Latest by astatecard - Apr-17
Tough decisions looming for Cards
Latest by astatecard - Apr-17
GT: MLB 2014
Latest by JCL87 - Apr-17
Butler
Latest by dawakokid - Apr-17
OT-NASCAR