• Welcome Guest
St. Louis Cardinals

Welcome to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Johnny Gomes on Wainwright Injury
  • To:All
  • 2/23/11
  • headapt

Source: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/23/reds-outfielder-jonny-gomes-celebrated-news-of-adam-wainwrights-elbow-injury/

Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News was in the Reds’ clubhouse when news of Adam Wainwright‘s injury broke this morning and described the scene, which included outfielder Jonny Gomes celebrating with a song:
Jonny Gomes walked into the Cincinnati Reds spring training clubhouse early Wednesday morning singing at the top of his warbly voice. The melody was not recognizable, but the words were plaintive: “Wainwright’s gone, Wainwright’s gone, Wainwright’s gone,” he sang joyously.
Wow.
It’s tough to tell the mood or tone of something based strictly on a written report, but McCoy’s article seemingly also paints Reds manager Dusty Baker’s reaction as … well, let’s just say something Cardinals fans would probably be upset by (although admittedly that likely wouldn’t take much given the bad blood between the two teams stemming from last season’s brawl).
If nothing else, Gomes has probably earned himself a few extra hit by pitches this season.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • TigCards
I stand by my previous statement in another thread : <stick one in his ear, early and often .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • Jokercard9
I know Tony hates high pitches but I wonder if he will allow some high and inside pitches to Gomes.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • pogwilliey

McCoy is just another blogger these days. He no longer is a staffer for the DDN. Given the tone of his post, I can understand why the paper retired him. Hall of Fame writer and all.

Repeat from another thread. Sorry folks. Dumb and dumber. Bad sportsmanship.

pog

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • Thunder_Gun_Express
I'm gonna laugh when him and his little brother Cueto both have broken jaws, and i hope it happens at Busch to see the cheer
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/23/11
  • JCL387

Sean Marshall quote on Wainwright

"That's the first I've heard of it," Cubs pitcher Sean Marshall said. "He's a friend of mine, and I hope he's well. That's our rival team so you also look at it from that angle."

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • Thunder_Gun_Express
Anything less than putting that punk on the disabled list is unacceptable. I'm <sick> of players trash talking the Cards and nothing being done about it. If the Reds want a war, then they'll get what they want
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • TigCards
I'll bet Carp remembers it .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • Thunder_Gun_Express
I want it to be at the hands of Motte and a blazing 100mph fastball that "got away"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • YouWillGoToMykonos
Let's make it so Gomes envies Wainwright's predicament.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • mschott1
Be nice, guys.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • HouseOfCards
Let's try to be rational about this. Players say a lot of things in a clubhouse.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • Thunder_Gun_Express
You dont ever hear Cardinal players doing what the Reds have.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • TigCards
I think Gomes threw rational out the window .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • Thunder_Gun_Express
There's no room to be nice anymore. This time the Cards arent gonna sit back and let another team trash talk them. I dont care if we see Cardinal suspensions, i want to see Reds players taken out on stretchers
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • geod
I can assure you this patchwork post by McCoy is completely out of context and McCoy is going to get cut off by the Reds' players unless he rescinds that post. Gomes would never revel in another players injury, and Baker was CLEARLY just humoring his little boy who called him right away when the news of Wainwright's injury came out. Piecing the two events together is just incendiary.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • kywaterski

Sorry bud, My brother and his wife were at the game in Cincy last year when the brawl broke out.

People kept bumping her on the way out (Not him cuz he's a big S O B)...I lost all respect for cincy

Bring it on

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • Thunder_Gun_Express
Whatever context it's in, there's already a pattern of Reds players showing a lack of judgement and professionalism toward other teams.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • pogwilliey

<http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2011/02/gomes_on_wainwright.html>

Gomes responds. Sheldon is our MLB.com writer.

pog

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/11
  • kywaterski

trying to cover his <arse

hey Jonny

DUCK

• Reply to this Message