Milwaukee Brewers

Welcome to the Milwaukee Brewers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Brewers at Braves Series
  • To:All
  • 4/12/12
  • MIKEwaukee

Probable Starters

Friday - Wolf at Jurrjens (8:35 start time)
Saturday - Marcum at Minor (8:10)
Sunday - Narveson at Beachy (2:35)

Two relative "unknowns" for the Braves. Minor is 0-1 in one game vs the Brewers. Beachy has no record in two games vs the Brewers. Even Jurrjens has only been in 3 games vs the Brewers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/12/12
  • LEAN_YEARS
Jurjjens seemed to do well vs the Brewers, but I will say 2 of 3. I could easily see them only getting 1 of 3 cause of those unknown pitchers
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/12/12
  • MIKEwaukee
Yeah it's pretty tough to predict. The Braves are off to a slow start. But which Brewer team shows up?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/12/12
  • FearTheBeer
I wanna say 2 of 3, but it seems like the Brewers don;t play well in Atlanta. I'll say 1 of 3.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/12/12
  • LEAN_YEARS
THey won 3 of 4 when I went there a couple years ago, or was it 2 of 3. They lost the game I didn't go to so that was ok.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • robsmitty

Brewers owned the Braves in 2010 and got schooled/swept by them in 2011.
Wolf is terrible against the Braves and in Turner field over his career.
Wolf is 5-7 with a 5.01 ERA in 18 games (16 starts) at Turner Field -- his highest ERA at a current park where he's made at least 10 starts. But it isn't just Turner Field. Wolf -- who spent his first eight years in the National League East with Philadelphia -- has historically struggled against the Braves.
Wolf is 5-12 with a 5.28 ERA in 28 career games (26 starts) against Atlanta.

They can't be any worse than they were down here last year. They only scored 6 runs in four games. With a rain out forcing a double header, I got to sit through the most painful 8 hours of live baseball imaginable.

Braves have gotten off to a terrible start this year. Going 2 and 4 against the Mets and Astros. As this is their home opening series they should be pretty pumped. Chipper's farewell tour will most likely bring out better attendance numbers for them this year too. (They generally only sell out the opener and the Yanks and Red Sox series) Tickets still available for Saturday's and Sunday's games.

I'm going to guess 1-2 in this series with the win coming either Sat or Sunday but of course will be hoping for a sweep. I'll be there hoping Wolf can turn this funk in ATL around.

Will be rocking the Braun gear too. I hope he tears the cover off the ball to shut the crowd up. Wish me luck ;)

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • ohiobrewfn
Friday - Wolf at Jargons........... Crew takes this one 6-4
Saturday - Marcum at Minor........... Crew takes this one 4-3
Sunday - Narveson at Beachy........... Braves 5-1.... Beachy will confuse the Ned Yost Sunday Lineup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • OldGorm

http://www.talkingchop.com/2012/4/13/2945807/brewers-vs-braves-q-a#storyjump

Embarrassing interview with Brew Crew Ball by this Braves writer. Talk frickin baseball, chump.

Could have easily harped back on them about completely choking away their playoff spot last year, but took the high road.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Sultan_of_Swing
Wouldn't expect anything less from some southern hillbilly piece of <shit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • OldGorm
The comments are even worse. I love how people claim to know for a fact what he did and didn't do.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • FearTheBeer

Yeah, and some of the comments are talking about how Kyle Lobner (the BrewCrewBall writer) should be embarrassed with his responses. Are you <fucking kidding me?

I hope we destroy Atlanta Sherman-style.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Sultan_of_Swing

I can't believe someone with an actual yahoo blog affiliation, not just some idiot troll on a message board, would be a complete <asshole like that

wait yes I can, yahoo is a joke, any company of any kind that employs and pays Chris Chase is a joke.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • robsmitty

I'm ALMOST as excited about the reaction to Braun and the comments I get tonight as I am about getting to see the Crew live.

Of course I hope the Brewers crush, but I really hope Braun has a great series.

It's sad how people will have such a strong opinion on a topic with such a small understanding of that very topic. Really makes them look ignorant.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • miliwaukee
It's really pathetic. I never affected Braun in Chicago so here's to him hitting a home run at one of these fans heads.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • Sultan_of_Swing

It's sad how people will have such a strong opinion on a topic with such a small understanding of that very topic. Really makes them look ignorant.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

welcome to politics

though braun juicing or not really doesn't have much to do with politics, still that's basically the definition of politics.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • robsmitty
Good comparison.
I guess anything people are passionate about would qualify - politics, religion, sports. It boggles my mind how a person could be passionate about something and yet not take the time to study/understand it. I guess all are large genres and people just want to understand what is in their backyard.
Ignorance is bliss.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • MIKEwaukee

The game starts at 6:30 tonight.

MLB had it wrong. That or the TV guide does.

I'm going with 6:30.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • robsmitty
It is 6:35 cental. First pitch is 7:35 in the ATL.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • MIKEwaukee
It actually was probably my fault. I just want to blame someone else.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/13/12
  • robsmitty

Was gonna start the thread before I left for the game but I didn't want to jinx it. Lineup is ready on JSOnline if anyone wants to get it rolling.

GO CREW!!!! I'm off to Turner Field.

• Reply to this Message